Saturday, September 23, 2006

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 23

How about FALL Resolutions?

(After 9 months of not keeping the new year's ones)

Give up complaining . . . focus on gratitude.

Give up pessimism . . . become an optimist.

 Give up harsh judgments . . . think kind thoughts.

Give up worry . . . trust divine providence.

Give up discouragement . . . be full of hope.

Give up bitterness . . . turn to forgiveness.

Give up hatred . . . return good for evil.

Give up negativism . . . be positive.

Give up anger . . . practice patience.

Give up pettiness . . . put on maturity.

Give up gloom. . . enjoy the beauty that is all around you.

Give up jealousy . . . pray for trust.

Give up gossiping . . . control your tongue.

Give up sin. . . . turn to virtue.

GOOD MORNING !

These were some of the things on my New Years resolution check list. I did this check up back when Spring and Summer arrived too ! It’s so easy to forget what it was I wanted to accomplish this year. This little reminder helps me to focus onwhat is important .

I’m so thankful this is Saturday morning ! I’m truly enjoying every quiet moment of it. The work week seems to take it’s toll on me and I need the weekend to re-coup. There is so much to do at home and so much I’d like to do that that there is just never enough time.

Just like the list above – all my lists are a work in progress…never done, always there. .

Thought for the Day:

All of us could take a lesson from the weather...

It pays no attention to criticism.

author unknown

I hope your day is blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man it was so rainy yesterday all day BIG rains now they say 80 percent chance today adn tonight adn tomorrow iwth hail and storms. Could be fun I tell ya could be fun. But the grass is going wild!!!!!!!!! sure is getting greened up for the winter. well Im going back under the covers since its cloudy rainy and just a lazy sunggle mroning JUST because I can!!!!!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

One thing I miss about having a job is that "Friday-night feeling".  You know, the realization that you have two glorious days for yourself and a paycheck in your pocket!

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. Love the Fall resolutions. What a difference it would make in our lives if we just kept them. Your journal is so colorful - so upbeat. Love it!!!
Hugs, love & prayers too,
Barb0 http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK