Saturday, July 1, 2006

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 1

Everything that you are...

everything that you would be...

everything that you would do...

begins with a simple thought.

Be ever diligent to guard your thought life,

for it is the thoughts and intents of the heart,

that ultimately shape and mold us

into the person that we become.

Commit your works to the LORD, And your thoughts will be established.

Proverbs 16:3

Good Morning !

Surprise ! One of my other journals ‘On The Bright Side’ was an editor’s pick this week. Our journals editor Joe put it in the line up for 4th of July journals. This journal is actually a newsletter that I send out to my family and friends every morning. I decided to put it in a journal so that more people could read it. So if you would like to see it – it’s listed in the side bar under other journals. I’m honored that anyone would like to read anything I put together. Thank you editor Joe!

I thought you all might be interested to know how my 1st day of vacation went so I kept track during the day so I could show you all what I did:

SLEPTIN TIL 6:30, ENJOYED COFFEE AND COMPUTER AWHILE

9:00 A.M DR AND LR CURTAINS ARE DOWN AND IN WASHER, PART OF WOOD WORK DONE AND THE KITCHEN FLOOR IS CLEAN…3RD CUP OF COFFEE

10:20 A.M. WOOD WORK DONE AND STARTING THE WINDOWS, THE CURTAINS ARE IN THE DRYER

DD STOPPED BY ON HER WAY TO GET A HAIRCUT THEY ARE GOING OUT OF TOWN FOR THE WEEKEND AND THEN TO THE CAMPER ON MONDAY. DSIL WENT BACK TO WORK (LIGHT DUTY) ON THURSDAY. THEY ARE ON VACATION AT THE CAMPER NEXT WEEK.

11:45 HUNG CURTAINS BACK UP – LOTS OF CRITTER HAIR IN DRYER VENT CLEAN OUT – MUST CLING TO CURTAINS TOO! THERE WAS HAIR ON MY WALLS AND WOODWORK TOO !

12:15 PM TAKING A BREAK TO TAKE THE BEAGLE OUT AND HAVE LUNCH!

12:50 PM GOT THE SUMMER SLIP COVERS OUT OF THE BASEMENT TO PUT ON THE COUCH AND CHAIRS. BRIGHTENS THE ROOM UP

1:19 TAKING A BREAK – GETTING WARMER IN HERE, JUST TURNED ON THE AC. GOING TO CHECK MY EMAIL.

2:00 THOSE SLIP COVERS ARE A PAIN TO PUT ON…I’M MOPPING MY BROW AND TAKING A DEEP BREATH…I STILL HAVE THE CURTAIN VALENCES TO PUT UP

I put on a fresh table cloth in the dining room too. The light colors of the rooms will make it look cooler I think.

3:00 PM headed to the Wellspring bookstore that is closing to see if there are any bargains left. This is where we had Prayer Group and I’ll miss them very much. Didn’t find much, came home walked the Beagle again and continued the cleaning

4:45 PUT THROWS AND THROW PILLOWS IN THE WASHER.

 5:00 DINNER TIME…I’M THINKING I WON’T DO MUCH MORE TODAY. I REVIVED A LITTE AND GOT THE DIRTY BIRD’S CAGE CLEANED AND THEN SWEPT UP THE FLOOR. Then I put the beagle in the shower and gave him a bath before I took my own.

THAT WAS IT .

I think that it was about 8:00 when I headed for the porch swing.

I’ll be keeping you posted as the weekend continues.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.

Langston Hughes

Have a blessed day – filled with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been busy, glad you made time for the porch

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

dont forget to rest some for while your off lol soudns like you been a little busy. Congrats on your journal I ll go check it out

Anonymous said...

wow you certainly got a lot done yesterday! I bet it all looks so refreshing and clean now too... Good job! Sandra

Anonymous said...

well you got a lot of cleaning done, how fun. LOL Enjoy your vacation.