Sunday, July 2, 2006

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 2

A Sioux Indian story...

My grandfather took me to the fishing pond when I was about seven, and he told me to throw a stone into the water. He told me to watch the circles created by the stone. Then he asked me to think of myself as that stone person.

"You may create lots of splashes in your life, but the waves that come from those splashes will disturb the peace of all your fellow creatures," he said. "Remember that you are responsible for what you put in your circle and that circle will also touch many other circles."

"You will need to live in a way that allows the good that comes from your circle to send the peace of that goodness to others."

"The splash that comes from anger or jealousy will send those feelings to other circles. You are responsible for both."

That was the first time I realized each person creates the inner peace or discord that flows out into the world. We cannot create world peace if we are riddled with inner conflict, hatred, doubt, or anger.

We radiate the feelings and thoughts that we hold inside, whether we speak them or not. Whatever is splashing around inside of us is spilling out into the world, creating beauty or discord with all other circles of life.

Remember the eternal wisdom:

WHATEVER YOU FOCUS ON EXPANDS...

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

TODAY is my R & R day . I really do need one after the cleaning spurt I’ve been on. The Newly Weds are here this morning and it will be nice to have someone to go to church with. They’ll only be staying til after lunch and then will head home again.

She has a class starting tomorrow to begin her studies for her Masters Degree. It seems that now teachers not only have to have a 4 year degree, they must also get a Masters.

Below is the list of accomplishments for DAY 2 of my vacation. I didn’t get quite as much done as yesterday.

Slept in til 7:00 this morning. Morning coffee computer time and devotions til about 9:00 or so

Took 2 asprin for my aching knee joints…

STRIPPED MY BED AND GOT THE LAUNDRY GOING.

9:45 HELPED MY SISTER WITH THE YARD WORK – WOW IT IS GOING TO BE A HOT ONE OUTSIDE TODAY!

10:45 CHECKED IN WITH MY DAD ON THE PHONE REBOOTED THE LAUNDRY

11:00 HEADED FOR THE ‘NEW’ FLEA MARKET IN TOWN TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE

1:30 PM BACK HOME. I found my July purse at the flea market. They wanted 24.99 for it, but I told the lady I wouldn’t pay over 20. She said $21 and it’s yours – so I took it. That’s more than I’d normally pay for the purse of the month, but I do like it. It will be a nice summer purse in the years to come too !

I had lunch and once again rebooted the laundry. Of course with 2 cats there is always the litter boxes to clean up too so I did that and emptied the trash .

2:00 I MADE THE SPARE BED UP AND RAN THE SWEEPER ON THE SECOND FLOOR

3:00 DS#6 called and wanted chicken and rice for dinner tomorrow so I ran to Aldi’s to get some chicken.

4:00 Made up my bed with freshly laundered sheets and then headed to the basement to clean up the shower area.

5:00 Left for Dad’s and will spend the evening with him. We’re having Mr. Hero’s Philly Steak Sandwiches for dinner .

As soon as I charge my batteries for the camera I’ll take a picture of the JULY purse for you all to see

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Where is home?

Home is where the heart

can laugh without shyness.

Home is where the heart's tears

can dry at their own pace.

Vernon Baker

I hope your day is blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart!

MA

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah you have been busy and yes do take your self a rest. yes teachers have to have lots of training and Tracy has went thru that but for all the training she says nothing taught her as much as her home life. I think so many dont have good family structure now days and that is whats wrong with the schools and teachers most grew up with mom working so they did not learn the values and virtues of teaching a child. She said everything she has used came from homeschooling days and that is why she is the most requested teacher and in fact when she left the elementary school to go back to the preschool becuase the principal is (being nice here) a overlord who has no respect, *just for example she was TOLD she had to come to thier services one sunday (its a church school) and she was told by the principal that he has two jobs and misses many of his sons games becuase he puts the school first and work to provide for his family and she needs to put work first toO!!!!!!!! * many who were expected to go in her class room this year and found out she would not be teaching left the school!!!!!!! I sometimes think the little school house was better with those who did it ONLY from the heart. Tracy for example make 9 K a year she is not paid the income public teachers are!!!!!!!! she does it from th e heart. I know your DIL has to be one of those knowing your family. We need more of those so desperatly.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a nice vacation with everything mixed in.... work and play. I'm anxious to see the July purse. Have a wonderful day, Sandra

Anonymous said...

you have a great 4th. Happy you got the purse for 21.00. Good for you. Now stop cleaning and enjoy.