Thursday, July 20, 2006

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 20

Standing For What You Believe In

Standing for what you believe in,

Regardless of the odds against you,

And the pressure that tears at your resistance,

...means courage

Keeping a smile on your face,

When inside you feel like dying,

For the sake of supporting others,

...means strength

Stopping at nothing,

And doing what's in your heart,

You know is right,

 ...means determination

Doing more than is expected,

To make another's life a little more bearable,

Without uttering a single complaint,

...means compassion

Helping a friend in need,

No matter the time or effort,

To the best of your ability,

...means loyalty

Giving more than you have,

And expecting nothing

But nothing in return,

...means selflessness

Holding your head high,

And being the best you know you can be

When life seems to fall apart at your feet,

Facing each difficulty with the confidence

That time will bring you better tomorrow's,

And never giving up,

...means confidence.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It’…Thankfully Thursday ! I say thankfully because you know what tomorrow is – that’s right – my favorite day of the week FRIDAY !

There have been no family outings or visits around here for awhile and I can tell you I’m missing them. It’s been too quiet around my house. The beagle chases the cats around every now and then, but that’s as exciting as it gets here.

Next week I’ll be celebrating CHRISTMAS IN JULY ! The 25th. Is the date I’ve picked to start making Christmas gifts. This year my family has requested a ‘Family Cookbook’ so I’m typing up recipes into a nice cookbook program DDIL #1 gave me and will put it all together in a nice notebook for each family.

 I’ve already done a little bit , but on the 25th my Christmas Countdown will be officially begin. That by it’s self will keep me busy and out of trouble for quite awhile.

Meanwhile – I OWE , I OWE , It’s off to work I go….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.

Henry David Thoreau

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah you know its neat becuae QVC all day does christmas in july and you get previews. I really though we dont do christmas cause we do hanukkah look forward to that.

Anonymous said...

Christmas in July sounds like fun. How cool that your making a cookbook. I'm happy it's almost Friday then the weekend for you to enjoy R&R.

Anonymous said...

Well that makes 2 of us getting ready for Christmas.  My online shopping has begun and gathering ideas and ordering Christmas bags for wrapping.   Your gift will be a nice one!  The cook book!