Wednesday, July 12, 2006

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 12

I have resisted change with all my will,

cried out to life

"Pass by & leave me still"

But I have found as I

have trudged times track

That all my wishing

will not hold life back,

all finite things must go their finite way;

I cannot bid the merest moment, "stay"

so finding that I have no power to change,

I have changed myself.

And this is strange.

But I have found out that

when I let change come

the very change that was fleeing from

 has often held the good I prayed for.

And I was not the less for change,

but more.

Once I accepted life

and was not loath to change,

I found change was the seed of growth.

Author unknown

GOOD MORNING!

The changes in my life have been great and many, and somehow they just don’t stop. Some things however, remain the same, and I’m often thankful for daily routines that help keep me going.

The morning start – my devotions, my coffee and my journal – is one routine that I enjoy. Blending the old and the new isn't a bad thing at all.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You change your life by changing your heart.

Max Lucado

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart.

MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I have loved the new turn in my life of journals

Anonymous said...

have a great a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Yes, journal and coffee are a welcoming and comforting part of my routine.  Several folks have suggested that I get up and study in the mornings instead of the evening.  No....I have to have my computer time to get me going.  LOL.  It's my treat at the beginning and end of my day.