Monday, July 17, 2006

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 17

Your joys, triumphs, successes,

and happiness are not mine;

Yet I can share in your laughter.

Your decisions in life are not mine to make,

nor to judge;

I can only support you, encourage you,

and help you when you ask.

I can't prevent you from falling

away from friendship,

from your values, from me.

I can only pray for you,

talk to you and wait for you.

I can't give you boundaries which

I have determined for you.

But I can give you the room to change,

room to grow,

room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart

from breaking and hurting.

But I can cry with you and

help you pick up the pieces

and put them back in place.

I can't tell you who you are.

I can only love you and be your friend.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

All across our country we are experiencing some terrific heat. I hear from friends out west, down south, up north and over east and we all have it.

I hope you all remember to drink plenty of liquids and stay in a cool and well ventilated place. I am blessed with a/c both at home and at work, so I’m pretty comfortable right now..

I keep the thermostat set at 80 degrees at home and have my ceiling fans going to circulate the air. Thank the dear Lord for His many blessings !

I don’t like the idea of staying indoors on a summer day, but right now it’s the only place I want to be. Take good care all !

Thought for Today

Nothing on earth

Can make life more worthwhile

Than the sunshine and warmth

Of a beautiful smile.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to get outdoors but ogtta time it. in fact I think Im going shopping at 7 am!!!!!!! usually wait till 8 but the heat ugh!!!!!!!todd woks in a body shop and when he goes in paint booth with clothes on the zueit suit they have ot wear its 150 in that imagine that??????

Anonymous said...

Such sweet Greandchildren you have!!! I was out for a little while yesterday and couldn't stand it so had to come back in. soon it will cool down so I guess we can stand it.... but thank goodness for the air conditioning! Sandra

Anonymous said...

hope you have a great cool day yourself. Cute pictures of the grandkids.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smiles on another scorching day.  The grandbabies are adorable - and the water looks very inviting!  May good friends always fill your heart.

Rob

Anonymous said...

How fun the pool looks and so inviting....
Awww new grand babe is too cute!!!
Have a cool week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

The kids look cool in the pool.  I'm like you with this heat...inside is the place to be.  It has been hot at work and at home.  A/c is strained at home.  So far it is still working just not as comfy and at work someone turned the air to where it was not blowing well enough.  So we burned up today.  Normally I have my heat on in there.