Thursday, July 13, 2006

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 13

Promise Yourself

Promise yourself to be so strong

that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity

to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel

like there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything

and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best,

to work only for the best,

and expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success

of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past

and press on the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times

and give every living person you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself

that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger,

and too strong for fear, and too happy

to permit the presence of trouble.

Author unknown to me

GOOD MORNING !

I think Ohio just became part of the RAIN forest. It’s been raining here all week. The humidity is so high you feel like you are dripping by just stepping outside.

I cut off my curly locks and now have a short straight ??? hair- do. I couldn’t control those curls in the humidity. It was nice for the cooler weather, but perspiration and lots of hair spray were just not mixing .

This week is going by pretty fast and so far work has been busy. I put in 5 hours overtime this past week. Our pay period’s run Wednesday through Tuesday. Most of that was by not having a lunch hour. I only had 15 minutes to my self at lunch yesterday as I went to Super K for office supplies during lunch time. I ate at my desk afterwards.

We’ll see what today what today brings…you never know til you are there.

Thought for Today

The honey-bee's great ambition is to be rich, to lay up great stores, to possess the sweet of every flower that blooms. She is more than provident. Enough will not satisfy her, she must have all she can get by hook or crook.

John Burroughs

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah yes I just said goodbye to hubby this morning and as I stuck my head out it felt like it was in water!!!!!!!!! and it wasnt raining at hte moment. It has been raining and suppose to but not right then.

Anonymous said...

too bad we can't share some of that rain... going to 90 today with the humidity but no rain ..... hope you have a nice day today, Sandra

Anonymous said...

you have a great weekend. I hope you like your hairdo. I have short hair. My 15 year old daughter as the curliest thickest hair. I feel so sorry for her. We cut it shorter but then she says is poofs out. It is so thick, I know how hot she must get. She does wear it in a pony tail all the time.

I'll post a picture of her in my journal.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never knew a company to have payroll from mid week to mid week.