Friday, July 7, 2006

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 7

Every sunrise is a present,

A gift from God above,

Gift-wrapped with scarlet ribbons,

Tied with bows of love.

Each day's a new beginning,

A time to start anew,

While all the stars are sleeping,

The rose is fresh with dew.

Each day's a new creation,

Too lovely to ignore,

We may find a blessing,

Just outside our door.

We cannot keep the past,

Like fireflies in a jar;

Nor journey to the future,

By wishing on a star.

Every sunrise is a blessing,

A gift for just today,

Rejoice my friend,

Embrace it before it fades away!

Author Unknown

 GOOD MORNING !

The weather the past two days has just been heavenly. Mid 70’s and sunny with low humidity. I just knew that would happen , now that my vacation is over, but DD and her hubby are on vacation this week, so we’ll just thank the good Lord for the nice weather for them.

This is FRIDAY already ! The last day of the work week and I’m sooooo glad. After my busy weekend last week, I need another weekend just to catch my breath. I’ve no big plans other than my weekly ‘house blessing’ , my visit with Dad and of course R&R on Sunday. With the cost of gasoline being out of sight, I know my trips to visit the campers are going to be less and less.

It would be grand if I could walk everywhere I needed to go as I really need the exercise, but most of what I do requires a car to get there. Like going to work …It’s a 20 minute drive ….can’t walk that one. So I’m off and at ‘em to welcome another day.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The most important thing in life, is to learn how to give out love and to let it come in.

M Schwartz

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute little town. I tell you it reminds me of Junction city Kansas where my moms mom lived. Love the walkway. te city park is cute too. sot hats a whole pic of your house . Cute little street

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed all your pictures this morning! what a nice walk you have and your town is just beautiful! wish I could walk with you, I too need more exercise. Sandra

Anonymous said...

well enjoy your weekend and just relax.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures!!!!  Thanks for sharing.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the walk, very pleasant and beautiful park...
Linda :)