Friday, February 17, 2006

VERY WINDY FRIDAY MORNING

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 17

Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon . A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb.

And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air - explode softly – and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas .

And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest.

And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with their imagination.

Robert Fulghum

Good morning !

So often what is needed is more cheerfulness in the world! People go around grumbling and complaining and find very little to smile about . I can get depressed just watching the news some days… so I don’t listen to it very often.

The weather channel , which I do watch, says we are in for high winds and a big drop in temps. It will go from 57 degress yesterday down to 24 by this morning and we’ll have some lake effect along with all that too ! BRRRCHILL.

Well it is FRIDAY and am thankful and will give everyone a ***BIG SMILE*** today ! 

I hope you are blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart today

 MA

  THOUGHT FOR TODAY   You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.

P.S. Please say a little prayer for my Mom – she’s not feeling so hot right now !

 

little boy graphics by:

  www.graphicgarden.com  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah we even had tornado warnings last night pretty windy and now cold but were all here

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't give you a big smile today. I'm on overload! <sigh>
But, I really do hope you have a great one.
Angela

Anonymous said...

I'm giving a big smile; really we do have so much to be thankful for. I do hope your mom feels better soon and I do hope you enjoy your weekend

betty

Anonymous said...

What a lovely thought with the crayolas. We certainly need something to lighten us up and to be kinder to one another. If your mum lives close by I hope that you will go and see her. I don't have a mum anymore, and I can't tell you how many times I have wished that I still did. Hoping she will be feeling well soon. WE do have plenty to smile about, so give one away and see how many come back to you. Enjoy your weekend off.

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is feeling better...
Wonderful pictures for the garden show!
I enjoyed the mousetrap story, that was a different one I had not heard before...
Going to be raining here throughout the weekend, although it has stopped at the moment and the sun is coming in the window as it is getting ready to set soon.
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)