Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday is here again !

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 27

Seven Days of the Week

Monday - Wash Day

Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve You with perfect humility through the week ahead.

Tuesday - Ironing Day

Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday - Mending Day

O God, help me mend my ways so I will not set a bad example for others.

 Thursday - Cleaning Day

Lord, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday - Shopping Day

O God, give me the Grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.

Saturday - Cooking Day

Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday - The Lord's Day

O God, I have prepared my house for You. Please come into my heart as my Honored Guest so I may spend the day and the rest of my life in Your Presence.

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

Do you have a certain day of the week to do things? I used to and I know my mom always did. It seems that any more I just go with the flow.

At work there is always certain tasks done on a certain day, but at home I usually end up doing whatever has to be done no matter what the day. After having my plans for the day spoiled, over the years, I’ve learned to be very flexible.

***BIG SMILE***

It’s Monday and I’m off to work ! I hope you are blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.

Victor Hugo

 

 

  www.graphicgarden.com  provided the graphics today  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes looks like this week is warming up a little. Vern this older guy Told Todd he heard somekind of bird and that means spring is on the way!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOooo
I do my shopping MOST mondays. but that changes now and again. lol

Anonymous said...

When I was not working, I did have certain days to do certain things, but now everything gets pretty lumped together to do on the weekends. My mom, though, did have certain chores on certain days. I loved the prayer of the days of the week. I'm going to print it out.

sending another smile your way for you to have a good day :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. When I was young, I was so scructured and organized and yes, had certain days where I did certain chores. I had lists taped to the back of my kitchen cabinets.  Nowadays, I do what I want when I want and do chores as I see fit. I noticed that I'll also choose fun over chores and that's a good thing. : )
Angela