Tuesday, February 21, 2006

TUESDAY MORNING

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 21

Just say, Thank you, Lord

St. Peter was giving a newly arrived soul a tour of heaven. The two of them were walking side by side inside a large workroom filled with angels. St. Peter stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section. Here, all the petitions sent to God in prayer are received."

The soul saw that the section was a very busy one with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous sheets of paper from all the people of the world.

They resumed walking until they reached the second section. St. Peter told the soul, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings are packed and delivered to the petitioners down on earth."

The soul saw how busy it was. There were a great many angels working in that room because countless blessings were being packed and delivered to earth. Finally, at the farthest corner of the room, they stopped at the last section.

To the surprise of the soul, only one angel was there and he was idle. "This is the Acknowledging Section," St. Peter told the soul. "How is it that no work is being done here?"

"That's the sad thing," St. Peter answered. "After people on earth received the blessings they asked for, very few of them bother to send their acknowledgments."

"How does one acknowledge God's blessing?"

"Simple," St. Peter answered. "Just say, 'Thank you, Lord.'"

Author Unknown

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;

 Prov 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths

GOOD MORNING !

I’ve got so many things to say ‘thank you’ for. The many blessings that come my way fill my cup to overflowing.

I’m thankful for the fact that my mom just broke 2 ribs and not a hip

I’m thankful for a darling daughter that will take time out of her busy day to help me out

I’m thankful for my sisters and the loving care they’ve shown to my mom and dad

I’m thankful for all my children that call or send me those warm rays of sunshine I need so much.

The list could go on and on. Thank You Lord !

***BIG SMILE***

Today it is going to warm up a little, but we may get a little more snow here. I did get some cleaning done at work yesterday. Maybe the place will be ‘sparkling’ by the time my boss returns at the end of the week. This ‘one gal’ office I’m in means that the gal does a little bit of everything ! I’ve got to keep busy and earn my paycheck!

So it’s off to work I go!

I hope your day is blessed with a few smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

TODAY’S THOUGHT

A smile takes but a moment, but the memory of it lasts forever..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah finally came back. I signed off and then back on and here I am. i have no idea where that came from on having to sign in a screen name but it stinks thats for sure.

Anonymous said...

ah finally came back. I signed off and then back on and here I am. i have no idea where that came from on having to sign in a screen name but it stinks thats for sure.

Anonymous said...

Glad your Mom is getting better and has you all to help her...
We had a frost advisory last night and woke up to only 34 degrees this morning. Brrrrrr....
Too funny about the purse of the months, waiting to see the new March ones.
Have a great week!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these wonderful entries you do every day; filled with inspiration, cute graphics, etc.

betty