Thursday, February 23, 2006

THANKFULLY THURSDAY

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 23

Sometimes we feel uncertain

And unsure of everything,

Afraid to make decisions,

Dreading what the day will bring

We keep wishing it were possible

To dispel all fear and doubt

And to understand more readily

Just what life is all about

God has given us the answers

Which too often go unheeded,

But if we search his promises

We'll find everything that's needed

To lift our faltering spirits

And renew our courage, too

For there's absolutely nothing

Too much for God to do

For our Lord is our salvation

And our strength in every fight,

Our redeemer and protector,

Our eternal guiding light...

He has promised to substain us,

He's our refuge from all harms,

And underneath this refuge

Are the everlasting arms

So cast your burden on him,

Seek his council when distressed,

And go to him for comfort

When you're lonely and oppressed

For God is our encouragement

In trouble and in trials,

And in suffering and in sorrow

He will turn our tears to smiles

Helen Steiner Rice

Good Morning !

Yesterday was another quiet day at the office. I managed to get the vacuum sweeper out and now the place is spic and span. The last of files are cleaned out for now. That’s always an ongoing job.

I stopped on my way home for a few groceries for the folks and then home for about an hour and then went to my prayer group. Our topic last night was Choices. Do we pray about the choices we make and do we turn over our problems to God and leave them with Him.

We were reminded that one week from today begins Lent. We have choices to make about what we’ll give up for Lent or what we can add extra to what we already do. I haven’t made that choice yet, maybe I should pray about what God wants me to do.

After the prayer meeting I came home and had a big bowl of cornflakes and bananas (one of my favorite dinners) and then worked on my newsletters. I got to bed around 10 o’clock and here it is morning already!

Off to work to work I go !

May your day be blessed with a few ***BIG SMILES*** and a lithe sunshine to warm your heart.

MA

 

Thought for Today

The world always looks brighter from behind a smile.

 

  www.graphicgarden.com   provided the flowers today !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom use to make me banans in milk with a little sugar as a child. I loved it

Anonymous said...

I love rice krispies with bananas! Yum!

enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

Lent! Must start thinking about what to give up this year...
Linda :)