Thursday, February 2, 2006

GROUNDHOGS DAY !

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 2

Good Morning !

Here’s a little story to start your day…

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, Who would like this $20 bill Hands started going up He said: I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this

 He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill He then asked: Who still wants it Still the hands were up in the air

Well, he replied, What if I do this  And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty

Now, who still wants it Still the hands went into the air

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value It was still worth $20

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way

We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased you are still priceless to those who DO LOVE you

The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know but by WHO WE ARE

You are special- Don't EVER forget it

Count your blessings, not your problems

And remember: amateurs built the ark .. professionals built the Titanic

If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it

A DAY WITHOUT SMILING

IS A WASTED DAY ! !

***BIG SMILE*** 

I got the above from an e-mail friend and thought it was worth passing along. If you’re like me, you get lots of forward messages about everything from A to Z. I never forward something unless I can copy and paste it into a new document. This one I copied ! It has such an important message.

I hope you all are blessed with a few smiles today and a little sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

Thought for Today

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.

Washington Irving

 

 

  www.graphicgarden.com provided the graphics today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning to you.  One more funeral and then maybe tonight I can think of something else. I hope.
Now on to see your February purse.

Anonymous said...

I alwyas loved that story of the 20