Monday, February 6, 2006

MORE SNOW...

CHAPTER 2, PAGE 6

To Touch The Heart

To touch the heart of someone dear -

though it might sometimes cause

a tear to fall or rest upon the cheek -

Tis something we all should seek.

For often hearts not touched at all,

start hardening and shrinking small.

And then the time it takes to grow

A loving heart again - is very slow.

For hearts expand as those who care -

extend their love and - let us share a moment,

space or special phrase,

that eases pain on dreary days.

Or simply starts our lips to smile,

and brightens time for just a while.

The ways and kinds and means of sharing,

 it seems to me - are based on caring.

And though we're often worlds apart,

You still can touch my tender heart.

You can make me smile or shed a tear,

And I'll remember you year after year.

 YOU "touched" my heart and helped me grow.

Friend, I just thought I'd tell you so.

Author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I had a lovely quiet Sunday ! I went to church, dropped off the beans and ham to my folks, came home and ate some myself and then cleared the steps of some of the icy slush that had frozen there. I did my bible studies and spent an hour or so doing my net searches for things of the ‘heart’ to share with you all. I got my stuff ready for work this week and read a little.

I should be all rested and renewed to get out the door and off to work this morning ! It’s BRRRCHILL out there and I’m layering up so I don’t catch a chill. There are lots of bugs going around and I really don’t want to catch one.

I didn’t watch the super bowl, but DS#1 informed me that DDIL#5 was the winner in our family football pool. She won by one point! I don’t have to tell you who was at the bottom. It’s just a fun thing we do every year and we have a impressive looking football that gets passed on to the winner to hold until the next year.

**BIG SMILE***

My cats have been hacking up hair balls like crazy around here. Everytime I turn around I find a new pile to clean up. Could it be that they were starting to shed their winter fur since we had all that unusually warm weather in January??? I do give them the cat food with hairball control, but it’s not doing much good.

May your day be blessed with a smile or two and a few rays of Sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

TODAY’S THOUGHT

A smile is like looking in a mirror. If you give a smile, you’re likely to get one back

TODAY'S BIBLE VERSE

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

John 13:34-35

graphics by:  www.graphicgarden.com  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, my horse has been shedding like it's springtime for a month now.  Very strange.  I guess it's due to the unseasonable weather.

Anonymous said...

MINE LEft a present on our table this morning UGH!!!!!!!! well if they are shedding its not the time to do it. I see the next week we are having the cold temps we should have had last month

Anonymous said...

I think its neat how you did that football pool with your family. Little things like that are so treasured and remembered

enjoy the day!

betty