Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Tuesday morning already !

 

What is the real good?

I asked in musing mood.

Order, said the court;

Knowledge, said the school;

Truth, said the wise man;

Love, said the maiden;

Beauty, said the page;

Freedom, said the dreamer;

Home, said the sage;

Equity, said the seer.

 Spake my heart full sadly,

 The answer is not here.

Then within my bosom

Softly this I heard:

Each heart holds the secret;

 Kindness is the word.

British Weekly

 

 The flower automatically leans toward the warmth the sun brings to it; seeking and sinking hearts are no different. Cold blasts of wrath wreck tender hearts who would come alive with only a word of love

 GOOD MORNING !

 

The wind blew some more cold weather our way today ! I'm back to layering up! Sunday and Monday were pretty mild , but that was just a little teaser...

Now that Thanksgiving is over I'll be searching for lots of good poems quotes and an idea or two for Christmas to share with you all. This is my favorite holiday of the year!

***BIG SMILE***

 

Our family celebration will be on the 17th of December and besides my own children and their families, this is my turn to host Christmas for my parents and my sisters and their families too! So it will be a big crowd and I always like to do something a little bit 'special' for everyone. Soooo I'll be searching to see what I might be able to do that doesn't cost a lot.

I'm making all the gifts for my own family this year. The only thing that will be purchased will be the stocking stuffers. I always fill stockings for each one of my children. Now that they have families, the stockings include something for everyone in each family. Trying to keep it all even has gotten to be impossible.

 Well, I've gone on too long this morning and have finished the coffee - so I'm off to work! Have a 'sunny' day!

 MA

 

O Lord! thou knowest how busy

I must be this day: if I forget thee,

do not thou forget me.

 Sir Jacob Astley

 

www.graphicgarden.com  

 provided the graphics today  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dollar tree here in town has nice things like this swag made of branches with holly leaves. would be neat if you could put the names on it as its small only abut 12 inches long. it could be on the table or the over a picture in the house. That is anice thing to set at the table with each persons name on it as a table marker or gift they can take home with them.

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry.  Sounds like you are going to have a great time with the family.  As there are only six of us including the two baby Grandsons, it is a fairly quiet occasion.  Comes with age I suppose, used to have big family Christmases in the past.  Make sure you wrap up and keep warm.

Anonymous said...

You have such a big family, you may have to empty a couple of rooms. LOL!
God bless and I hope your have a wonderful time.

PS. Thanks for the tip about paint. : )

Angela