Thursday, November 3, 2005

Thankfully Thursday !

 

The wild gander leads his flock through the cool night,

Ya-honk! he says, and sounds it down to me like an invitation:

The pert may suppose it meaningless, but I listen closer,

I find its purpose and place up there toward the

November sky.

Walt Whitman

GOOD MORNING !

With daylight savings time ending, our mornings are a little brighter here. Yesterday morning on my way to work, it was just light enough to see the color of the trees on my way to work. Let me tell you, it was just beautiful. I’m thankful that for 10 of my 20 minute drive to work, I’m out in the country and get a real good view!

My prayer group met last night and our topic was REMEMBERANCE. We took time not only to remember those who shared their life with us, but also to remember the loss of things in our lives.

 

In this season of transformation, the Autumn we re-member those who were friends or relations. We stand in the midst of the season where the beauty of the change catches our eye and the mysterious movement or eternal onging makes us pause of life’s memories while yearning for ‘home’. So with our departed kin and kindred: Let us name the autumn surrenders, the great litany of falling leaves.

Letting go of relations, entrusting them into the Hands greater than our own

The death of relationships, agonizing of what went wrong

The surrender of addictive ways of living, move from old way to a new way

Letting go of youthful ways and looks, questioning wisdom in the aging years

Relinquishing good health; pain and fear of slowing down

And finally, the great falling leaf of death

By Joyce Rupp

Keep a smile on your face and sunshine in your heart !

***BIG SMILE***

 MA

 

Develop an attitude of gratitude,

and give thanks for everything that happens to you,

knowing that every step forward is a

step toward achieving something bigger

and better than your current situation

Brian Tracy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there....hope you have a good day.  It is a nice thing to have more light in the mornings.  I guess I like it either way, but change is always nice.  LOL.  Weekend is almost here.  One more sleep to go.  LOL.  

Anonymous said...

Im having problems adjusting to dark so soon LOL But yes hubby kind oflikes the day light sooner.

Anonymous said...

The time change has really had its' effects on me during the evening.  Leaves here are just starting to turn beautiful.  They leave me awestruck!