Monday, November 28, 2005

BACK TO WORK

Autumn memories take me

back to times so long ago...

to hayrides by the river,

with the harvest moon aglow.

The air was crisp at sundown,

but our hearts were warm and light...

with autumn, comes the memories,

of our campfire glowing bright.

But autumn turns to winter,

and the colors turn to gray...

yet in my heart, there'll always be,

a bit of autumn here to stay.

Author unknown

Dedicated to my DDH. d. November 28, 1992

This is one of my very favorite poems. My husband and I loved camping and I have such fond memories of the time we spent together.

 

Good Morning !

Back to work after a delightfully long weekend. I'll be getting a few days off again at Christmas, my gift to me, and I'm sure I'll be needing them .

Enjoying winter tip fortoday : In winter, people observe Christmas, the eight-day Jewish festival called Hanukkah, the seven-day Afrocentric celebration known as Kwanzaa and the festive end of Ramadan, a monthlong Muslim observance. This gives people of all faiths a chance to light candles, exchange gifts, remember the past and lift their forks

 

May your day be blessed with Sunshine in your heart and a ***BIG SMILE***

MA

 

 NOT mindless of the growing years

Of care and loss and pain,

My eyes are wet with thankful tears

For blessings that remain.

J. G. WHITTIER

Thou shalt remember all the ways which the Lord thy God led thee

DEUTERONOMY 8:2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it a great season for all to be celebrating. I m so glad we do family things like camping too. such memories. I have a friend who thinks her families sole reason for being here is to lead worship. I keep telling her that her son is 16 in Dec. and she is going to turn around and he wont have memories and they will be alone one day and have missed the chance to make special traditions for her son. I told Her GOD can lead worship without you!!!!!!!!! It happens around campfires with no practice and no leaders all the time. Sometimes just one or two people and others it happens with large groups but it does not have to be lead by one person.