Monday, November 21, 2005

Here we go again !

 

I thank thee for a daily task to do,

 For books that are my ships with golden wings,

 For mighty gifts let others offer praise-

Lord, I am thanking thee for little things.

I thank thee, God, and like a child

Rejoice as for a Christmas gift,

That I am living-just alive-

Just for this human face I wear,

That I can see the sun, the sea,

The hills and grass and leafy trees,

And walk beneath the host of stars

And watch the lovely moon above.

Matthias Claudius 1740-1815

 

 

Good Morning!

 

Today is the first of a grand 3 day work week! I will be doing what I usually do on Wednesday at work, so count on it - I will be confused about what day it is all week.

Thursday, while everyone else is celebrating Thanksgiving, I will be like one of Santa's elves, working on my Christmas presents.

Friday is our Families' Traditional Christmas in the Colonies day. We go to a little town nearby that has a craft show and then have lunch and shop in the local shops and then visit their candle factory. It really puts us all in the spirit of Christmas. Here is a link to the Root Candles, which will tell you a little bit about them. http://www.rootcandles.com/about/rootretail.cfm

And I even found a link to the craft show too : http://www.christmasinthecolonies.com/

I can't remember exactly how long we have been doing the same thing the day after Thanksgiving, but quite awhile. It sure beats the hustle and bustle of the Mall.

 ***BIG SMILE***

Remember to share your sunshine and give everyone a smile today !

 MA

 

Today's tip for enjoying winter - It's easy to hide purses and pounds under baggy winter clothes

When the weather gets really cold I may wear 3 or 4 layers of clothing. 1. My long sleeved long legged underwear. They are called Winter silks 2. Turtle neck shirt and warm pants 3. A sweater or sweatshirt and 4. My coat. And I usually feel like I have gained 10 pounds too

 

What type of music did the Pilgrims like?

Plymouth ROCK!

 

graphics provided by:

 

www.graphicscupboard.com  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

soudsn like a wonderful weekend too. OH yeah IM a bundler too.

Anonymous said...

Oh hey there.  I hope you have a great SHORT week.  I am on lunch hour, smelling tar from the guys working on the ceiling, and Stopping up again too.  I think that is what is killing me.  I stop up here and then get better when I go home.
Anyway, your outing sounds like a lot of fun.  I will check out the website after I save this comment.
Have a nice holiday working on your Christmas items.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Plymouth Rock? LOL!
I love your entries. They make me happy.
Angela