Saturday, November 19, 2005

SUPER SATURDAY

 

Give me the end of the year an' its fun

When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;

Bring all the wanderers home to the nest,

Let me sit down with the ones I love best,

Hear the old voices still ringin' with song,

See the old faces unblemished by wrong,

See the old table with all of its chairs

An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgivin' prayers

Edgar A. Guest, Thanksgiving

 

GOOD MORNING !

Today my 5 of my 7children will be here with their spouses and children for our family Thanksgiving. Two of my boys and their families live out of state so won't be able to be here. That means there will be 16 of us - 9 missing.

I've a busy morning ahead in the kitchen.

 

I've got a 22 lb turkey and fixin's to make. The babes are all bringing something to share, so I do not have to make everything. Even dessert will be provided.

Pictures will be posted for you all tomorrow!

 Weatherwise, it's supposed to be in the high 40's and breezy and sunny. Thank the good Lord no one has to travel in bad weather.

 ***BIG SMILE***

Here is the second of my finds on enjoying winter:

Perhaps it's because of the slowing down most of us do when winter arrives, that God, in His wisdom, gave us rich opportunities for exercise and physical fitness -- and they're not necessarily optional. Shoveling is a great way to get a workout, and even walking through the resistant snow affords a fitness opportunity. God knows us better than we know ourselves, and evidently He knows how those hot chocolate calories add up. So instead of pressuring us into buying a gym membership, He gives us free exercise nearly every day!

 

I'll be smiling a lot today as being with my family brings lots of sunshine into this old house.

May your day be blessed with a smile and sunshine to warm your heart.

Ma

 

I give to You my thanks

And my heart kneels to pray

God keep me and guide me

And go with me today.

Helen Steiner Rice

 

  www.irenescorner.com/graphics  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a busy, bustling, happy day you'll have.  God bless you and your family ties.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your pics

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you are having the time of your lives over there with that big turkey.  Enjoy....
I'm so behind reading.  Please forgive.  
So glad your family is there.  I know you are having a lovely time.
Sonya