Thursday, November 17, 2005

'THANKFULLY' THURSDAY

Graphic added 9:25pm - ok!

Take nothing for granted, for whenever you do

The "joy of enjoying" is lessened for you

For we rob our own lives much more than we know

When we fail to respond or in any way show

Our thanks for the blessings that daily are ours . . .

 The warmth of the sun, the fragrance of flowers,

The beauty of twilight, the freshness of dawn,

The coolness of dew on a green velvet lawn,

The kind little deeds so thoughtfully done,

The favors of friends and the love that someone

Unselfishly gives us in a myriad of ways,

Expecting no payment and no words of praise

Oh, great is our loss when we no longer find

A thankful response to things of this kind,

 For the joy of enjoying and the fullness of living

Are found in the heart that is filled with Thanksgiving.

Fill Your Heart with Thanksgiving

Helen Steiner Rice

 Good Morning !

 I saw my first snowflake of the season yesterday!  Just a few flakes blowing around nothing more. I have a little grandson that once said he wanted to come to my house when the snow was on the ground as he's never been able to have a snowball fight. Because of where they live and have lived he's not been able to make a snowman ora snowangel!

Somewhere, someone is always wishing they had what we have . And we in turn are always looking enviously at what someone else has. I envy their warm winters. Wouldn't it be great if we could all be content with whatever we have. I am going to have to try real hard to enjoy this cold winter weather we are having and be thankful.

Where there is a little sunshine in the heart, there is always a ***BIG SMILE*** to pass on to someone that doesn't have one!

I love you all !

MA

P.S.  It seems I can't add pictures for you all this morning. What next?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH hope you can get your pics up. WELL I dont ever want to live where its not cold in winter. I woudl go nuts. But I have to say that I could do wiht more snow. I would be happy with ONE big good one a year. Not these little dusting. OH yes it sure turned cold fast didnt.

Anonymous said...

I am one of those wishing we had some.  Would so love a white Christmas for the boys but I doubt it.  If we do ever have snow and it is rare these days, it is always sometime in January.  We had a very heavy frost last night though and it is very cold.  Lovely poem.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Love your journals and feel very inspired by them.  Wanted to comment on your grandson's desire to have a snowball fight.  My daughter and 10 month old grandson have been visiting us in southern Maryland while Dad, a Marine Sgt. is in a two month school in California.  They live in Hawaii and have found our weather rather cold (even though our November has been mild).  They go back in two weeks to close their house and then will be returning to stay with us while Dad is deployed in Afghanistan for seven months --- so I guess our little grandson will get to see snow.  We are asking Santa to bring new sleds for Christmas.  Again, love your journals.  God Bless.  P. Trexler