Friday, September 12, 2008

BOOK O8, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 12

Aloha to learn what is not said, to see what cannot be seen & to know the unknowable.

Queen Liliakalani

God is aloha ... We do not do good only to those who do good to us. One of the sweetest things about the love of God, about aloha, is that it welcomes the stranger and seeks his good.

 Abraham K. Akaka

GOOD MORNING!

When I saw the quote above I had to agree. So much of what ALOHA is about is also what my faith has taught me to believe. Our God is love and we are all called to love each other. All the good thoughts in the world are encompassed in that one word ALOHA.

Today is the anniversary of my Dad’s birthday. He passed away a little over a year ago but I cannot help but think of today as his special day. I took some nice fall flowers (silk ones) and put them on my dad and mom’s cemetery plots. I like to think that the memories of my parents keep them alive in my heart. They are gone but never forgotten and I know someday we’ll meet again

No doubt your calendar contains some of these difficult days that roll around once a year, bringing fresh reminders of losses that still hurt and people you still miss You may know Psalm 23 by heart, but try reading it with new eyes today. This familiar passage of comfort proclaims: "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life" (v.6). Not just some of the days but all the days. the Good Shepherd is with us on every difficult day.

It is FRIDAY and as usual I’ll be leaving for the camper after work this evening. I’m going to have company too ! DS#4 had to come up north for business and will be here til Tuesday, but he has the week end free so he’ll be coming along with me. Good thing he is going home on Tuesday as his wife’s birthday is then and I’m sure she would like him to be home for it.

The weather man predicts some rain for the entire weekend. Hopefully it will only be spotty and we’ll be able to get out and about. I know DS#1 and his wife have some special meals planned as they knew DS#4 would be coming.

I do hope you all have a great weekend. I’ll be home Sunday evening and will check in with you all then. Hopefully with some more pictures !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.

Anonymous

Aloha means I love

so I say

Aloha Oe

MA

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

God IS LOVE!!!  Hugs to you missing your Dad!  I know the flowers are beautiful.  I'm so glad that you son will be going with you to the campsite this weekend!  That's wonderful!  I know you all will have a wonderful time together.  Happy B'day to his wife on Tuesday!!!  Have a great weeekend!

Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

You will have fun this weekend with your special guest! Too bad his wife couldn't come join you all for the weekend. But, I'm sure she will have a nice Bday.
Enjoy your family this weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend ~ hope the rain don't spoil it for you ~ "Happy Birthday" to DS#4's wife ~  Ally x

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the camper!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your sad anniversary. I think the same way...that the loved ones we've lost aren't really gone, because we carry a little bit of them in our hearts.

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you stay dry!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

You know that I always wish you a lovely sunshine filled weekend...this on eis no different...so by teh time you are reading this you will be home and had a brilliant weekend.   Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you can't celebrate your Dad's birthday with him in person, but you are so right....he will always be there in your heart. I hope they have cake in heaven...and if so, I hope his is an extra big slice :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you, hope your Dad is always with you in your heart and memories and it brings peace to your heart.  I find that on days that I've lossed loves on, that by lighting a candle in their memory lets me find comfort in my heart, I light the candle, say I love you and miss you and say a prayer for them.  Helps me to get through these days.  Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

Hope you can find peace on this sad day for you.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend!!
I know you will, lol.....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean about your parents. Lost my dad at age 68 and lost my mother 2005 Dec. 27th. Yes, we will meet again, praise God. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

so glad DS#4 will be able to join you for this weekend!!! it is comforting to know we will see our loved ones again; we may miss them here for just a little bit compared to how long we will be together with them for eternity

have a great weekend!

betty

Anonymous said...

Some people sure do leave footprints in our hearts! I hope your trip was great and you are probably leaving today for another one - I am that far behind.

xoxo