Wednesday, September 3, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 3

Aloha to learn what is not said, to see what cannot be seen & to know the unknowable.

Queen Liliakalani

Knowledge and wisdom are found in Aloha.

Aloha starts within ourselves.

The key to ALOHA is to is

to first apply it in our hearts,

next our minds and

the final step is to act on it.

GOOD MORNING!

Back to work today and the good news is that it is OVER THE HUMP day. There is not a doubt in my mind that my desk will be stacked sky high. But that is ok as I left with everything done.

I can take my time and catch up. Thursdays and Fridays are usually slow days so I’ll just put some of it aside for tomorrow and the next day.

Where others are being hit with major storms our part of the country is enjoying some beautiful summer like weather. I’ve been praying and will continue to pray for those in harms way. May our dear Lord calm the storms. Many need rain, but not when it includes a hurricane or a tornado.

 For the most part we enjoy a pretty peaceful climate here, except when it comes to winter. Then we have the storms. SNOW and ice storms. I guess we choose to live where we are so we have to put up with the grumblings of nature. I could move, but no place is perfect, and this place is home, so I stay.

As much as I love my weekends, the reality of life goes on.

I owe, I owe,

It’s off to work I go!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The literal translation of aloha is, "The Breath of Life".

So when you say ALOHA to someone it means "I recognize the (same) breath of life within you as I have within, and wish to present from me"

Aloha means I love - so I say

Aloha Oe

MA

 

 

graphics by:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww bless all the children they are beautiful.Lovely pictures,brought tears to my eyes. I think far better to be busy at work than nothing to do. Very cool winds here today but sunshine also so I am not grumbling for a change LOL!!! Thankyou for your prayers.Mine go up also for everyone.Have a great hump day hope all goes as you have planned.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

The kids look so cute on their way back to school!  Hope you have a great day. Linda

Anonymous said...

We all moan about the weather but I am sure we can all think of far worse places to live in than we do.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of the Children ~
we had a thunder storm here yesterday which put the electricity off for a while ~ the weather here isn't very good but I would not want to live anywhere else ~ glad to know you are having some nice Summer like weather hope it continues for you ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Such cute little ones. This seems to be a year for sooo many hurricanes and they can be so horrible and destructive. Like you I could move anywhere I wanted to but there are no perfect places that I'm aware of and this is where I have "roots" good or bad. Have a great day :)..........alice

Anonymous said...

Hi MA,  thank you for your usual very wise words... I love that word Aloha I can't think that  I had heard it before reading it on your journal... In New Zealand when we  meet the Moari People we rub noses and therefore exchange breath as a blessing and present to one another.....very similar...
Our weather has been really quite awful this summer  in fact I don't think we have had any real long term summer at all just the odd few days....I havnt eaten out at all and in fact have only sat out on a number of occasions and now Autumn is on it's way. I noticed today that a lot of leaves have already started to turn....Ah well  life goes on...  Love Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

The grandbabes are precious!  I hope they had a very good day!  I'm still praying for those in the path of these storms too.  I hope your day wasn't too bad.  Have a good evening.


Hollie

Anonymous said...

your grandchildren are so cute!!

hoping you had a good productive day at work today!

betty

Anonymous said...

Mine all go back Thursday and they are not looking forward to it.  School days go by so quickly.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

More lovely pictures of your special little people,hope you get through your work ,with no problems ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad that the weather is cooperating with you.  Not sure where you are located that the summer is mild and winter is ice stormy?

Anonymous said...

Those are great photos of the children. :-) They all grow up so fast! Yes, also praying for those in harms way. Have a peaceful week. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

OMG you said the "S" word and it's only early September! We are doomed this year! LMAO!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww....
Happy Back to Schools!!
Linda :)