Tuesday, September 30, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 30

Autumn is a reminder

that each of us is

beautiful in our uniqueness

The aster has not wasted spring and summer because it has not blossomed. It has been all the time preparing for what is to follow, and in autumn it is the glory of the field, and only the frost lays it low.

So there are many people who must live forty or fifty years, and have the crude sap of their natural dispositions changed and sweetened before the blossoming time can come; but their lives have not been wasted.

Henry Ward Beecher

GOOD MORNING !

I wish that we all could be satisfied with who we are. I'm not the same person I was a few years ago and I will not be the same 10 years from now. I don’t really know if I’ve reached my peak or not, but I know I’ll never stop trying to reach it.

After reading about peak colors in flowers I discovered there are several lessons to be learned from them.

Flowers take their time at achieving their peak of color.

Some have a longer season than others.

Other flowers compliment each other and because of that seem to be all the more colorful.

Prolonged flower life can often be aided by dead heading

It’s TERRIFIC Tuesday once again. This is supposed to be our most productive day of the week. Now that we have Monday out of the way things should go a lot smoother.

I’ll be adding a chapter and a page in my book tomorrow It will bring a new month and lots of new topics to share.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Perhaps you haven't hit your peak yet,

and your time of blooming has not yet arrived.

Be patient, and keep living and learning.

Your time will come, and when it does,

it will be as beautiful as the asters in the autumn,

the asters who have waited patiently

all through spring and summer

while the other flowers

all were showing off their beauty

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great comparison, the aster to one's successes in life.  I love autumn, it's the beginning for me, not the end.  Thanks for the uplifting thoughts today.  Sue

Anonymous said...

Sorry I cannot comment on your posting my friend. I am just too upset that journals is closing down.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry!!!   What???  Is journals closing down????

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Ma,  where will you go?  Blogspot?
I can't lose the beautiful people  who
have become   my friends.   Keep us
informed.  October has always been
my month for big changes, most of
them not good.  Help me to be positive.
I need your sunshine!    Pat

Anonymous said...

It is a sad sad day for AOL when I heard that we won't have our journals after the end of October...I can only think that if we have each others E address we can keep in touch that way.   Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

I love how you wrote about the flowers; so fitting and so true!

looking forward to October!

betty

Anonymous said...

I love the asters of autumn.  So sad to hear about AOL journals.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I am happy with who I am, I just don't like the weather getting colder!