Monday, September 29, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 29

Autumn is a reminder

that each of us is beautiful

in our uniqueness

In my life I pass through many seasons, and it would be silly to wear my summer clothes in the cold air of winter, just as it would be very uncomfortable to wear my winter coat when the summer temperatures outside are in the 90's

Probably the most important thing that we can do about the seasons of our lives is to accept them, to be aware of them and let them be. We need to put on a coat in autumn, and we need to stay indoors more in the winter.

We tend to accept those realities very easily. Only when we learn how to do these things will we be going with the flow of life and allowing our lives to follow the cues that this beautiful world of ours gives us

Tom Walsh

Autumn is a good season for beginning to live gently. Let us use this autumn season to celebrate life and give thanks for our good fortunes

GOOD MORNING !

Autumn is the time of maturity and harvest. In each season, there is a widespread mood that can inspire touching reflection. Autumn ushers in crisp, chilly mornings and evenings. There is a shortening of days and a lengthening of shadows.

Each new season brings with it familiar joys that canbe pleasurable to reacquaint yourself with.  Nostalgia can typify the 'autumn' of our lives. I know everyone has their own way of doing it- looking through old letters, and albums of photographs.

The other day, I had on some 70's rock and the wave of nostalgia that hit me reminded me it was Autumn. You don't have to listen to 70's rock - choose your own. And I wouldn't advise staying in the nostalgic mood for too long (unless you like depression and fatigue), but a little bit of "retrospection" does the body and soul good.

As in every season, we are invited to take our cues from rhythms of the Earth. This is a time of harvest -- for giving thanks for the bounty in our lives. If I hear myself respond "My life doesn't feel bountiful," it's time for me to pause and go deeper ... deeper into awareness, into gratitude take stock, honor the harvest & give thanks!

I need to pull on a sweater and take a walk in the chill of the evening, tuning my body in to the subtle shifting of green to gold and come home to a warm cup of apple cider, and an hour or so of quiet contemplation

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Surround yourself with the loves

& blessings of your life.

Celebrate

So many shades of gold Autumn

Another miracle we take for granted

Another expression of the artist's vision

The blending of the autumn hues

with the setting sun

Warm

Comforting

Perfect

Thank you for autumn, Lord

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

and thank you for my morning inspiration as always
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

A nice walk in the chilly evening sounds good to me; as well as the cup of cider.  I love cider.  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I get nostalgic sometimes, as you say, it does not pay to stay in that mood for too long.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Reflection is a good thing, but living in the past isn't. Enjoy your day...and the cool evening!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Yes, this Autumn season is my favorite of all.  But it is always so busy though.  

Anonymous said...

I hope our weather cooperates so I can enjoy that walk in the chilly air, so grateful though that I live some place where the weather is pleasant during this autumn time of the year :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Gotta love this season...leaves changing, chill in the air..love the 70's music too.
Hope your Tuesday will be the best!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

It is a time of bounty, if the weather and crops cooperate, and to reflect on what what we want and to appreciate what we have :o)

Anonymous said...

You remind me to be grateful.......grateful that
I have reached the autumn of my life.  I can
revel in the glory of this special time or I can
waste it fearing the winter cold.  I can choose
to enjoy the fruits of my labor.   I can bask
in family warmth and precious memories.
Yes,  I am grateful.  Thanks, Ma..  Hugs,  Pat

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me to be grateful.....I am so blessed.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

With AOL journals closing where are you going? Blessings, Janie