Monday, September 22, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 22

Autumn is a reminder that each of us in beautiful in our uniqueness

SUMMER TIME IS GONE MY FRIENDS.

Summer time is gone my friends

It slowly comes but quickly ends.

It's been replaced by time called Autumn.

Nature changes hues from top

to bottom

Green gives way to red and gold.

A lovely vision to behold.

Whirling leaves go blowing by

Carrying smells of pumpkin pie.

The air turns crisp the sky fades grey.

Indian corn and bales of hay.

Overcoats and apple cider.

No more evenings on the glider.

The harvest moon so orange and round

Holidays will soon abound.

Chrysanthemum petals start to unfold

A lovely vision to behold.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

And a cheery welcome to fall today.

You all know I love the summertime (the BEACH in particular) but no matter what the season we need to make the most of whatever time we are blessed to have. The coffee definitely tastes better on a cool morning, but it’s harder to get out from under the warm covers.

My weekend was pretty good. I got to shop and visit with my youngest sister, I also got to spend some time on the back patio with my next door sister and we got the front porch painted. The weather was just awesomely beautiful all weekend.

The power came back on at the campground on Saturday morning, but by then I’d made other plans for things to be done around here (the porch) so I stayed home. My 3 days at the camper were already ruined so why not.

Next weekend and the following 3 will find me there once more (baring anymore power outages). The camping season ends on the last week of October and that will not be a camping weekend only one day to close every thing up and winterize til next season.

The campers stay permanently parked on the campsites we have. They really are just little homes away from home.

It’s back to work this morning…

I owe, I owe,

Its off to work I go…

 

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen, of meadow-flowers and butterflies in summers that have been; Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were, with morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair.

J. R. R. Tolkien

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Fall!!!  Sounds like you had a good weekend any way!  that's great, & you got your porch painted too!  It still hasn't got cool enough here yet for me to put my flannel sheets on.  I can't wait until it is cool enough!  I love my flannels...  I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

I remeber it was not a good feling when it was time to close up our caravan for winter usually at the beginning of October as we can get a lot of frost after this that was what it was like 30 years ago now with global warming we don't have such cold winters here in Scotland.  Not sure where you are other than you are the other side of the pond. Have a good Monday.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

As you know our summers are extended here in Florida..but Autumn is still my fav. time of the year...
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful day!
cindi

Anonymous said...

Weather here has been wonderful too...
Happy the power is back up at the campground...
Make it a wonderful week!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a fun and productive long weekend!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the work done on your porch. Happy to read the power was back on  for those who did go camping this weekend.Yes it's much the same at our campsites here in England most close down at the end of October until the 1st March.A time I like to be at the flat or ( apartment) as you call them over the pond.As the shops are not too busy with people and the beach nice and quiet.I shall be going next weekend for a week again, but taking days out to other seaside places as Rooster has a holiday week off work.Yipee!! Love the poems in your post today.I hope you have a good day at work and safe journeys home.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Glad you have some more camping time.  I would think that would be fun as the days get crisp and cool.
Have a good day.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

its nice to know that you still have a few more weekends of camping to look forward to; I like how you think of them as another home away from home; good to remember and reflect on fun times until the spring and the beginning of a new season of camping and fun!

seems like you had a pretty good productive weekend!

betty

Anonymous said...

I love this time of the year too :)
Laini
http://journals.aol.com/mereel2005/Maybe-Im-Amazed-/entries/2008/09/22/first-day-of-autumn/3181

Anonymous said...

Glad you got so much done at home over the weeend ~ and got to spend time with your Sister ~ hope you have a good day at work ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend.  I need to get my deck stained or painted soon.
Hope you have a fun week..

Anonymous said...

I am not a winter person. lol Congratulations of getting the porch painted. Way to go!! Have a great week with blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Glad you had some quality time with your sisters :o)

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year!!! I'm so happy you got to spend some time with you sister.......it sounds fun.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Roll on next weekend for you...and two weeks for us when Mary and I will be away to South Africa for hopefuly some warm weather  Love Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

You had fun with your sisters and got your porch painted - not a bad weekend after all!