Monday, September 8, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 8

Aloha to learn what is not said, to see what cannot be seen & to know the unknowable.

Queen Liliakalani

Meow is like Aloha, it can mean anything.

Hank Ketcham

GOOD MORNING !

Another day, another dollar they say. I’m up and sipping the good coffee and hoping for a great day. I never know until I get there just how things will be.

It is payroll day and I know for certain it will be busy, so that is a good thing. I don’t like leaving for work when it’s dark out. I really am hoping my eyesight doesn’t get any worse as some rainy dark days I do have problems seeing everything.

Thankfully I do have several different choices on the ways I can go to work. One of them is on streets that have street lights and not so much out in the country. It also has lower speed limits so that is the way I go when the weather is bad. I prefer the other ways though as I love to look at the countryside but when it’s dark I can’t see it anyway. They all take 20 minutes no matter which way I choose. 20 minutes to work and 20 minutes home again.

After a chilly start out temps will be rising today so I’m putting the first layer on. A lightweight Capri set with a sweater. This is just the beginning of the layers. It won’t be long until I have 2 or 3 of them on. Cool nights and warm days for now. Colder nights and cold days later I’m afraid.

I hope your Monday is a great one !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Aloha means when you give someone a lei, you do not buy the lei—you make the lei with your own hands and then you give it away and that lei is made with love and respect and everything that should be in the soul of man.

Levon Ohai

Aloha means I love

so I say

Aloha Oe

 MA

 

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that you have different routes to work. Makes it more interesting to change around.  For two mornings I wore a winter robe out on the porch to sit and drink my coffee. It was that cool and now it has warmed up this morn I see and I'm here on this pc. Need to get busy :)........alice

Anonymous said...

I layer my clothes too.  I am ready for some cooler weather, it is stil in 80s and 90s here.

Anonymous said...

Glad you have different ways to go to work ~ I like to use the country roads but not when it is dark ~ I have been wearing winter clothes nearly all of our dreadful summer ~ it hasn't warmed up much at all ~ I hope your Monday is a good one ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I hope your week goes well!

I'm like you--I have poor night vision, especially when it's raining. I actually try not to drive at night!

Beth

Anonymous said...

The beginnings of fall are here.  It sure is cooler at night :o)

Anonymous said...

I don't like driving at night either....I never want to do it.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you have a choice of which way to go to work.  You just be careful.  It's dark now when I leave for work too.  I'm still waiting on the cooler temps though.  I hope you have a good evening!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about seeing to drive in the dark; I have trouble at times; I think I have night blindness; I need to always make sure I find the best lit routes; I don't drive much in dark if I can avoid it; but I know it is a necessity for you to get to work

we continue with summer like warm weather with just a touch of coolness in the mornings/evenings to make it a bit pleasant after the sizzling day temps :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I had a cup of coffee and then found out it was not good! lol I am scared to drive on snow and ice since getting older. I don't even trust my husbands driving when it is really bad. lol Hope by now you have had a great day. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Hope it is going to be a wonderful week for you!!!  Enjoy!!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Just now adding a sweater? I need a sweatshirt along with me most of the summer if I am going out - it seems every building has to make the a/c on the arctic side. That is hard for me when it's 90 degrees outside and cold all of a sudden. This week, I am needing at least long sleeves all the time. It's fall, as far as I am concerned.

Aloha is like meow - that makes sense!

xoxo