Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 24

Autumn is a reminder

that each of us is beautiful

in our uniqueness

For the beauty of the earth

For the glory of the skies,

For the love which from our birth

Over and around us lies.

Lord of all, to Thee we raise,

This our hymn of grateful praise.

For the beauty of each hour,

Of the day and of the night,

Hill and vale, and tree and flower,

Sun and moon, and stars of light.

For the joy of ear and eye,

For the heart and mind’s delight,

For the mystic harmony

Linking sense to sound and sight.

Lord of all, to Thee we raise,

This our hymn of grateful praise.

 

GOOD MORNING !

In the comments for my entry yesterday I found some ideas about what to do in my journal come November. Many thanks to those that made suggestions.

- holidays; that is always good to talk about, thanksgiving, gifts, preparations

- our typical thanksgiving symbols. like the cornucopia and the turkey and so on

Oh yes, there will be many things to write about as we approach the holidays. Not everyone around the world celebrates Thanksgiving as we in the USA do, but I know that everyone will be able find something to be thankful for.

I'll be celebrating the holidays here in my journal and hope no matter who you are or where you come from you'll find something that will give meaning to your day and encourages you to SMILE.

I do try to always write about something that I've found inspirational. I've found I need these bits and pieces to help me get started each day. I only hope they help someone else too.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Thanksgiving Day will soon be here

It comes around but once a year

If I could only have my way,

We'd have Thanksgiving every day

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, we do not celebrate Thanksgiving but I shall still enjoy reading your entries.

Anonymous said...

I doesn't matter what you write about, I just enjoy reading your journal!  I hope you have a great Hump Day!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Sometimes your journal gives me just what I need to start my day, too. You don't know how many times you've really touched on something I needed to read.
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

ditto what pam said!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I always wish we celebrated Thanksgiving.One of my favourite hymes you enclosed  today in your journal.It realy cheered me I was singing my top knot off LOL!! Looking forward to reading your interesting future posts.Have a great day.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love Thanksgiving!  I can't wait to start reading all the inspirational things that month!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy my daily visits to your journal...always something bright to read and remind of us the beauty around us. Thank You friend.   Love  sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Lovely words from you again today it is usually evening when I read your entry being on the other side of the pond so to speak but they are inspirational just the same.  Love Joan.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/en

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your holiday entries in November! I bet they'll be great

betty

Anonymous said...

What delightful words....thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful week and hope your week goes well at work. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Always much to be thankful for.