Friday, September 26, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 26

Autumn is a reminder

That each of us is beautiful

in our uniqueness

One of the difficulties we face in our industrialized age is the fact we've lost our sense of seasons. Unlike the farmer whose priorities change with the seasons, we have become impervious to the natural rhythm of life. As a result, we have our priorities out of balance

For farmers, springtime is their most active time. It's then when they must work around the clock, getting up before the sun and still toiling at the stroke of midnight. They must keep their equipment running at full capacity because they have but a small window of time for the planting of their crops. Eventually winter comes when there is less for them to do to keep him busy.

There is a lesson here. Learn to use the seasons of life. Decide when to pour it on and when to ease back, when to take advantage and when to let things ride. It's easy to keep going from nine to five year in and year out and lose a natural sense of priorities and cycles.

Don't let one year blend into another in a seemingly endless parade of tasks and responsibilities. Keep your eye on your own seasons, lest you lose sight of value and substance

JIM ROHN

May your autumn be a very special time for you this year, and please remember that only you can make it so

GOOD MORNING !

Autumn is upon us... the leaves on our big trees are changing with vibrant reds, yellows and oranges all around. So beautiful, falling and floating to the ground where, upon their landing, they create quite a mess... where is the rake?

 Life is so like this season... so beautiful and quite a mess at the same time. Don't worry about the mess right now... grab yourself a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate... relax and celebrate the day with me.

It is Friday after all !

The last day of my work week has finally arrived and after work I’ll get to go out to my camper for the weekend. I’ve got every thing ready and waiting to pick up at home when I leave work and that includes the beagle.

I’ve packed some warmer clothing as I know the evenings and early morning will be chilly. It still warms up nicely during the day but come dark it does turn cool.

The campground is having it’s annual seasonal dinner on Saturday for those that are like me and have their camper permanently parked there. We don’t have to take a thing as they are treating us and having it catered.

I hope your weekend is a great one and that you find something to SMILE about. I’ll be back Sunday evening and hopefully have some new pictures for you.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The grand essentials of happiness are:

something to do,

something to love,

and something to hope for.

Allan K. Chalmers

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning to you too you are up with the lark this morning as I know you are five hours behind us so I am sitting at my morning coffee alone today as hubby takes a watercolour class on Friday mornings.  Our farmers here have been harvesting into the night with their headlights on as this has been a dry week the first time for ages so they are trying hard to get the harvest in.  Have a great weekend and take care. Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Seasons are a part of life, & I agree that we need to seek the beauty in each season!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, & wow they are catering y'all a dinner.  That sounds great!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend and enjoy your annual dinner. Very chilly here at nights now as well.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

great msg...enjoy your weekend
cindi

Anonymous said...

The trees will be very pretty for your drive this weekend. I think I just might have something to smile about this weekend, too!

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend. I am smiling today because it is Friday and tonight I am going to a car show. Last time I went to a car show I was in a wheelchair and tonight I will be walking on my two feet.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

We have had a lovely day here warm and sunny it makes the heart rejoyce it has been such a dissapointing summer....when was that  !!??.... Hope you have a lovely weekend up at the cap we will be looking forward to seeing some of your photo's.   Love  Sybil xxx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

have a great time at the camper this weekend.  We are going to ours also.  Linda

Anonymous said...

It is pretty warm this afternoon here. Going to buy some mums today. :-) Red ones!! lol Wishing you a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I like the Rohn quote regarding knowing when to pour it on and when to ease back a bit.  I do that in my job, but have been trying to focus on limiting when I have to pour it on - it gets harder as we get older :o)

Hope you have/had a nice weekend at the camper and a pleasant Saturday dinner.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your catered dinner....it sounds like a lot of fun. Have a delightful weekend at your camper.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

enjoy your weekend! so nice they are catering the dinner in for the "regulars"; sounds fun :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds so pretty your way...the trees...you going to the campground...hope you have a lovely weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your little retreat! I hope you come back refreshed and ready to tackle another week.
Pam