Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 23

Autumn is a reminder

that each of us is beautiful

in our uniqueness

SAVOURING SEPTEMBER

If summer is a symphony,

September is a minuet.

Though September plays host to summer's end.

There is a delicacy as the first

leaf falls gracefully

From a tree.

There is a quietude in our spirits

As twilight descends ever so much earlier.

We remember we picked up our books

And returned to school.

We recall how lovely it was

To walk in the late afternoon

Surrounded by such beauty,

Of autumn's splendor.

And the first time we needed that

Gorgeous sweater. And we gather in

During this golden time

To our private places,

And to our ultimate thoughts.

We seek our joys by the fireplace,

Rekindled after its summer rest.

And gather in the beauty

And treasure every moment

Of this golden time of year!

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING!

We are having another beautiful day in northern Ohio today. Warm and sunny!!! We are being blessed by a whole week of nice weather according to the weather man. I know it won’t last for ever so I’m taking advantage of it while I can.

It is TERRIFIC TUESDAY and I must say that fits the description of the weather anyway! Evenings and on into morning is on the cool side though, so we know that Autumn is in the air

Sometimes when we’ve been outside so much it is just nice to enjoy the coziness of being inside our homes. I do that all week long it seems, but come this weekend I’ll be outside most of the time and will enjoy the campfire in the evening.

My camper was stocked with shorts and tank tops and swim suits. Now I’ll be taking jeans, flannel shirts, sweatshirts and jackets along. I am beginning to wonder what I’ll write about when camping season ends. I’ll have to be thinking about some special topics come NOVEMBER.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

 ...The winds will blow

their own freshness into you,

and the storms their energy,

while cares will drop away

from you like the leaves of Autumn.

by John Muir

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

graphics by:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to come in from the cold to a nice warm home!  I know you'll enjoy your weekend at the camper.  I'm hopeing y'all do the trick or treating at the camper like last year!  I loved that!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Well I see you have posted already this morning.  Hope you have a good day.  Katy is having some dizzy spells and I'm taking her to the doctor.  She goes on a retreat tomorrow and she is really scaring me.  Wanted to take her to emergency but we decided to wait.  So say a little prayer for her.  I've called in to work to let them know I'll be taking care of this today and working from home (email mainly).

Anonymous said...

Very chilly here and it has been raining a good deal. We also have strongs winds.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love sitting around the campfire in the fall at the camper!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the day--it's a beautiful one here, too!

Beth

Anonymous said...

It is hard to stay indoors on a day like
this one!  I have a lot to do inside but
I know once I go outside, I will find
some excuse to stay out there.  I hope
your day goes well,  and that this
weekend is mah-velous, my dear!

Anonymous said...

It has also been a beautiful day here in my neck of the woods too today.So I made a start on shaping all the evergreen shrubs which are quite large .Neatly trimmed them all and dug a small border out of the lawn around each one.It is looking real nice now.A little at a time as gardening is so hard nowadays for me.I just keep saying to myself hard work never killed no man he-he.Red admiral Butterflies  have visited all day long  on my mauve coloured hebe shrubs which are still in bloom.Yes the nights are drawing in now and when the fire is burning and the lamps are lit.I do enjoy being inside too on these  autumn evenings.Cosy and warm.I am sure you will come up with some inspirational postings when the campsite closes down.You always do.Have a Terrific Tuesday I like that one He-He.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

with November will come the holidays; that is always good to talk about, thanksgiving, gifts, preparations, etc; I'm sure whatever you come up to write about in November will be well thought out and very enjoyable to read :)

enjoy the day

betty

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry today loved the poems.  Our sky was cloudless this morning but unfortunately it did not last maybe tomorrow it will.  Never mind at least the rain has stopped.  Love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Well we are certainly heading fast for the autumn over here. Although we are having a dry period...no rain for 4 days now !!  it is not actually warm...My friend Mary has decided that she is putting on her long sleeved tops now...I am still in the short sleeves Maybe I am trying to be like an ostritch and hide my head in the sand...I don't like the thought of winter !!   LOve  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

It is pretty in Kansas. Little warm this afternoon while driving in the car without the air conditioner. Trees here are starting to get a little yellow tinge to them. We will all be preparing for the Holidays which will soon be here before we even realize it. :)  Wishing you a great week. Janie

Anonymous said...

September will always be the first month of the year to me - it's when school always started, lol!