Friday, September 5, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 5

Aloha to learn what is not said, to see what cannot be seen & to know the unknowable.

Queen Liliakalani

Everyday happiness, means getting up in the morning, and you can't wait to finish your breakfast. You can't wait to do your exercises. You can't wait to put on your clothes.

George Burns

Good morning! (Aloha Kakahiaka!)

Here's wishing you a bright, positive day. Today is a good day to begin with a strong plan to be productive and positive... all day long!

FRIDAYS are always good days. I look forward to them more than ever as I now have a weekend ahead at the campground. Camping is relaxing and enjoyable, but being together with some of my family is even more fun.

A friend asked me recently how I was enjoying my summer and I told her it was the best I’d had in a long long time. It is so great to have something other than housework to look forward to on the weekends.

We are supposed to have some rain today, but it’ll clear up by tomorrow. We need it badly. They say the farmer’s crops are drying up and the corn and soybeans won’t be as plentiful as they should be around here.

I know the fields are starting to turn brown as I drive to and from work. Many trees are turning brown too. I think a lot of that is caused by the lack of rain. Usually mid October is when our trees are really colorful.

I hope your weekend is a great one and I’ll be back with an entry on Sunday evening. You’ll all be in my thoughts and prayers as always

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Love is worn like a wreath

through the summers and the winters.

(E lei kau, e lei ho`oilo i ke aloha)

Hawaiian Proverb

Aloha means I love

so I say

Aloha Oe

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend me too I'm off on holiday for a week.Love Joan

Anonymous said...

Aloha and TGIF!!!!!!
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

You always make me feel so much better in the morning! Thank you for that.
Hugs Pam

Anonymous said...

Good morning to you, too. Good thought for the day. I know you will have the best week-end :)...............alice

Anonymous said...

Hello,  we're facing the week-end with high
expectations!   Hope yours will be filled
with family love, rest and relaxation.  
Give those grandchildren lots of hugs!

Anonymous said...

Keeping good thoughts as we have Hanna coming our way late tonight, into all day tomorrow.  Wishing you a very nice weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
I love Fridays!  I hope you have a good one.  I can't wait to see the turning.  I think they are so beautiful!  We still need rain here too.  Have a great weekend with the campers!
Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a lovely weekend ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!  Linda

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful attitude to enter the day with.  Hope your weekend is/was good :o)

Anonymous said...

enjoy camping!!! always so neat to be with family :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend!

We got a good soaking rain yesterday, and a little bit this morning...could be moving your way! I hope it doesn't spoil your camping, but it sounds like your area really needs the rain.

Beth

Anonymous said...

It has poured with rain in my part of the country none stop all day long.I hope we don't get any flooding.Have a wonderful weekend once again and make the best of it as Autumn is here now and not many weekends left before it will feel cool.I am just debating if or not to go away myself for a week on Sunday to the beach flat.If you don't get comments next week you will know thats where I am.I don't have a computer there.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Pam ,You can have some of our rain for your farmers ,hope its fine whilst you are camping though and have a lovely weekend ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend was great!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

On our trip to the beach we saw field upon field of dried up corn stalks.... so sad....
Linda :)