Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 10

Aloha to learn what is not said, to see what cannot be seen & to know the unknowable.

Queen Liliakalani

ALOHA is about you living with authenticity in a world populated with other people. We human beings were not meant to live alone, we thrive in each other’s company. Aloha celebrates everything that makes you YOU

GOOD MORNING

I do hope you’ve been enjoying learning about ALOHA. There will just be a few more entries about it and then we’ll switch over to fall. Officially it will be here the 22nd of this month.

Tomorrow would have been my 43rd wedding anniversary. As it turned out I only got to celebrate 27 of them before my husband died. I’ve never found anyone to replace him, so I celebrate all by myself. We had such a good marriage that I have nothing but good memories.

The 11th is also DS#1 and his wife’s anniversary. They’ll be celebrating 15 years. My, how time does fly by.

A couple of people asked for pictures of my fall decorations so I’ve put them in this entry. I usually do much more than I’ve done this year but as no one is here, and I’m gone most every weekend I cut back this year. Still there is enough scattered here and there that it brightens the house up.

It’s OVER THE HUMP DAY and now we can slide right into the weekend.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

We can’t always trust what we hear with our ears but we can always trust what we hear with our heart.

Author Unknown

Aloha means I love

So I say

Aloha Oe

MA

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your fall decorations, that is something we do not do over here and I wish we did.  I am sorry you lost your husband, I truly am but glad that you still celebrate your anniversary.  Hugs.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

the decorations look great!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are just beautiful...thank you for sharing with us...have a wonderful Wednesday!!
Hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

your decorations look great....thx for sharing
cindi

Anonymous said...

Aloha!  I would have celebrated my 52nd
anniversary this week.  (My husband passed
away 7 years ago.) We married when I was
one month past my 16th birthday!  OK, I see
you doing the addition!  September is a good
month to marry,  I think.  God blessed us
with two fine children.  I am grateful.   Pat

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are very pretty! Are you doing any Fall decorating at your camper as well? I hope you have a good day, and a good week!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Cute decorations!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Boy! It won't be long until Halloween! Time sure does fly! That is wonderful that you have many good memories. I think you have a lot of decorations and pretty ones. TY for sharing. Hope today is going great for you. Janie

Anonymous said...

What lovely photographs...We do not do anything like over here in the UK. However I have seen some lovely decorated  homes in Canada....it was there to that I also saw big fields of golden yellow Pumpkins...we used to have turnips over here that we hollowed out and put a candle in for Haloween...I have seen ver here though in teh past few years the kids are using pumpkins now.   Thank you for sharing....Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

You'll be in my special thoughts tomorrow dear, so glad you have wonderful memories to hold in your heart and cherish of your hubby. Bless you.  The halloween decorations are so wonderful....it's my favorite time of the year, we love fall.   Take care.  Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed learning about ALOHA ~ and I love your fall decorations ~ I am glad you have such good memories of your marriage ~ and Happy 11th anniversary to you DS#1 ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Happy 43 any way!!!  (((((HUGS)))))  I'm so thankful that you did have 27 wonderful years!!!!  I love the Fall decorations!!!  They are just beautiful!!!!!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Glad that you have such pleasant memories of your marriage :o)

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the entries about aloha!! all interesting!!

in this day and age, its amazing to know someone was married 27 years, yet alone 43 years if your husband was still here; that is a mighty accomplishment and to have such wonderful memories still; I know my mom was only married for 6 years before my dad died, but she knew she could never replace him so she didn't really even look

such pretty fall decorations!

betty

Anonymous said...

Love your Fall decorations!!
Happy Anniversary's all around!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your anniversary and I love it that you have only good memories :-)