Thursday, September 25, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 25

Autumn is a reminder

that each of us is beautiful

in our uniqueness

There are many wonderful lessons that we can learn from autumn and the turning of the season. Nature knows that in order to maintain its vitality, it must go through austere periods, periods when it gets by with a bare minimum of everything, when its normal riches aren't on display for the world to see.

Every autumn, it must "lose" the beauty that it has put so much effort into creating and becoming, and it must spend time lying dormant, waiting for the time to come when it can once more burst forth in its splendor

Sometimes, autumn isn't a choice. Broken relationships, job layoffs, the death of loved ones, and many other things can push us into a period in which it seems as if we're losing everything. But we aren't losing anything, for nothing on this planet really is ours.

Instead, we're being pushed into a winter in which we need to lay low for a while, fulfilling our responsibilities and obligations, but realizing all the time that spring is right around the corner, just waiting for us to be ready for it

Our lives are full of cycles, possibly even more than those of nature. We go through chapters in our emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and other types of development. But we have to let chapters end if we're to move on to the next chapter, and we have to let seasons run their course if the next season is to come on time.

Tom Walsh

GOOD MORNING !

Seasons do happen for us all. Young and old. As my journal entries reflect, one Chapter ends and goes onto the next. Time goes on and we sometimes struggle with it’s swiftness.

Now I’ve reached the autumn season of my life. It is a beautiful season and though greatly mellowed by time, I can still feel full of vigor and much-inspired to continue with some of my endeavors. But I am aware that winter is not far off.

I see the autumn leaves, green and gold, dropping from the trees, leaving them bare for next spring and on such a day as this, my mind carries me back

Though autumn is not my favorite time, I actually welcome each season of the year and look forward to the inevitable, predictable changes it will bring. Should it not be so with the seasons of life?

Even though the pace is slower, crunching fallen leaves underfoot without the ever-pressing responsibility of rearing small children imparts a different sort of joy. I'm content to be in autumn and do not wish to relive spring or summer. Memories of them still linger—and suffice

Our taste buds and noses get in on the seasonal change too. This is harvest time. New crops of apples delight our taste buds with varying combinations of crunch, sweet and tart. Our diets seem to change come September. Light salads give way to hearty soups and stews. Soon fires will warm our homes and hearts as family and loved ones gather around

Memories of how special this time of the year has been for us is a good thing. But sometimes we can get stuck in our memories and lose sight of current possibilities. There should be a plaque in my home that reads, "Never let your memories be greater than your dreams."

It is comforting to surround ourselves with our memories. We know how the rituals of yesterday turned out. But, as the old saying goes, it is hard to move forward looking in the rearview mirror Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised, so what we have is today.

The beauty of today is not dependent on the weather. We can have good days when it is pouring rain and on cloudless sun-drenched days. Our attitude can make today a wonderful day or just another 24 hours to endure

Our memories of autumns gone by can warm us, but the best part of this season is uncovering new surprises and abundant blessings that await us each new day

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The book of life is lived in chapters,

so know your page number.

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

 

graphics by:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry!  It is so true.  Memories are a wonderful thing...sometimes it seems as though they are the only thing that gets me through.  Have a wonderful day....tomorrow is be camper retreat day for you!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts of Autum...hope you have a lovely day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I need to copy this entry and put it
on my fridge so I can read it at least
three times daily!   Thank You.  Pat

Anonymous said...

so very wise words!! I'm printing out what you wrote; something to really think about today; I'm glad I'm getting into the autumn (late summer early autumn in my age); I welcome this time the Lord is giving me; just think if I allow him to work in my life, just think what wisdom I can impart to others starting out in spring and summer of their lives; thank you for sharing :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Well said! Enjoy this wonderful day!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh Ma, you write such words of wisdom...Thank you...LOve  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

What lovely words you write.You inspire us all who follow your wonderful journal .Reading this tonight has lifted me a great deal.Thankyou once again.Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead as I am going away tomorrow until the 6th and I shall most certainly miss reading your posts .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

So that is my problem. I am supposed to be in fall and I am stuck in summer. Nice entry!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying the cooler days, and we are getting much needed rain, which is a blessing.
Enjoyed your post..good one:-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, time does not wait on anyone. lol Seems like the time goes faster the older I get. lol I agree that our thoughts change everything. Great entry. Hope you have a blessed week. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

You are so right, thoughts do change everything....I'm really working on that right now. Thank you for a very inspiring entry.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that I'm in the autumn (don't want to say "fall") of my life :).....alice