Thursday, September 4, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 4

Aloha to learn what is not said, to see what cannot be seen & to know the unknowable.

Queen Liliakalani

The Aloha Spirit is a well known reference to the attitude of friendly acceptance for which the Hawaiian Islands are so famous. However, it also refers to a powerful way to resolve any problem, accomplish any goal, and also to achieve any state of mind or body that you desire.

In the Hawaiian language, aloha stands for much more than hello or goodbye or love. Its deeper meaning is the joyful (oha) sharing (alo) of life energy (ha) in the present (alo) The way to tune into this Power and have it work for you is so simple that you might be tempted to pass it off as being too easy to be true. Please don't let yourself be fooled by appearances

The secret is this: Bless everyone and everything that represents what you want!  In order to gain the most benefit from blessing, you will have to give up on the one thing that negates it: cursing

The Aloha Spirit is the coordination of mind and heart within each person. It brings each person to the Self. Each person must think and emote good feelings to others

GOOD MORNING !

The more I’m finding out about ALOHA, the more I’m glad I choose this theme for the month of September. Blessings and not cursings is definitely a better way to live.

The blessings of this day are many for me. I woke up and got out of bed , got ready for work and have a job to go to. I’m so blessed. There are many than cannot or won’’t.

When ever I start to ‘whine’ I make my self consider how good I really do have it and be thankful for it. Getting my SPIRIT in order is not always an easy task, but when it is I feel better too. I’m always counting my blessings. It makes my day start and end so much better.

Blessing someone else is something I probably don’t do enough of. I’ll have to work on that one.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

May you have the spirit of aloha in your heart

Aloha means I love - so I say

Aloha Oe

MA

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved this!
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

Aloha!!!!  What a wonderful entry!  I am so blessed too.  I hope you have a great day!  I'm off to work too.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry.  Sometimes it is hard to count your blessings but we should all do it, every day.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the person looking like they are holding the sun!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I need more Aloha in my life, that's for sure.
Pam

Anonymous said...

"Aloha" is a great concept, and I had no idea it had so many deeper meanings! Have a wonderful day!

Beth

Anonymous said...

In times of stress, sometimes,  I use the trick of
visualizing a peaceful place.  It is usually a beach
in Hawaii with swaying palm trees , sand and sun
and a hula dancer swaying to soft Hawaiian music.
Contentment is great for relieving stress.  Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Ma. We all need LOTS of aloha in our lives. Just reading what you write about it makes me feel peaceful even after the bug battle this morning. I know my little "whines" are nothing compared to the real problems of this world and as they say, don't sweat the small stuff. Many more blessings to you :)........alice

Anonymous said...

Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this entry. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I'll never view the word ALOHA in the same way again.
Have an awesome day.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your peaceful messge today. I hope that you have had a good and blessed day.  Much love  Aloha  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

I also am glad you chose Aloha as your September subject,It has so many beautiful meanings. I am so enjoying reading them all. Thankyou. Take Care God Bless and Aloha. Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Cant believe what a wonderful greeting Alohais is ,with so many positive meanings ..wonderful; ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The water sure looks inviting. lol We do all have a lot of blessings and don't give them a thought at times. lol Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. It will soon be time for your little break and sure you will be welcoming it. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

great entry!! when we think about how blessed we are compared to the majority of the world, we have no reason to complain and no reason not to bless others with a kind word and a smile :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Giving up cursing is going to be difficult.