Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 9

Aloha to learn what is not said, to see what cannot be seen & to know the unknowable.

Queen Liliakalani

The magic of aloha is contagious.

Each day, the key is to "Live Aloha:"

Help anonymously. Forgive hurts.

Keep every agreement made.

Give and share freely.

Judge yourself, not others.

Slow down and spend time in silence

GOOD MORNING !

It’s TERRIFIC Tueday! They say this is our best day of the week. I certainly hope so. We had a beautiful sunny and warm day on Monday, but today is a different story altogether. Cooler with rain is the forecast.

As I have a few journal friends around the world, I find that some are still having very hot temps while others never really got summer to begin with—it just stayed damp and cool for them. I guess I’m blessed to be living in a place that gets true seasonal changes. Fall , Winter, Spring and Summer.

I did manage to get a few fall decorations out. I now have fall wreaths on my front and back doors and some fall flowers in each room in the downstairs part of my house. I even got a small scarecrow to stick in the flower box on the front porch. In another journal I read where it is not fashionable todecorate with silk flowers. We should be using real ones. But I do get the silk ones as they keep their color and don’t need watering.

I’ll be off now to see what surprises await me today.

It will be a TERRIFIC one, it is Tuesday after all.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every single day, somewhere in the world, Aloha comes to life. As it lives and breathes within us, it defines the epitome of sincere, gracious, and intuitively perfect customer service given from one person to another

Aloha means I love 

 so I say

Aloha Oe

MA

 

graphics by:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel better knowing that you and a few others are putting out fall decor.  TheTeen was making fun of me.  Of course the few things I had in the old smaller house worked there, and here it hardly looks like I decorated.  lol.  I may pick up an extra pumpkin or two.  lol

Anonymous said...

We fall into the category of wet ,and damp here ,not much summer to speak of ,have a terrific Tuesday ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Everyone's getting out their decorations and me too...maybe today...take some photos of yours...bet they are lovely...have a wonderful week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have any fall decorations to put out!!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey, silk flowers work for me. Who has time or money to keep getting fresh flowers?

That "fall feeling" is sure in the air, isn't it? We'll still have plenty of nice days, but it's sure getting cool at night. Great sleeping weather!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I love the beautiful fall colors. I also
like silk flowers.  I do not care if it
is a decorating error.(I read that ,
also) If it lifts my spirits and adds
a splash of color, I do what I please.
After all, it is my home not theirs.
It is a HOME, not a showplace!   Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Ma,  it is so good to read your journal it is always full of such positive thoughts and puts me in a better frame of mind..  I'm afraid I have not had such a goos Tuesday. The rain was on when I got up at 6.45am and it is still on now and it is 6.10pm. !!  it has eased a little then poured the next second !!  I was supposed to be taking my darling niece up to the strat for her cycle run to Paris but am afriad I have not felt 100% so my brother in law has had to take her up to near London I don't like him doing it as he is not a very great driver (but dosn't recognise it !!) and he is 75 so not getting any younger...still not a lot I coudl do about it I'm afraid.  Hope you had a great day....Love  sybil xxx
PS  I was looking in on your crafts journal but see you have not been writing it up so far this year !!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

Each day, the key is to "Live Aloha:"  We as Jews say the same thing with the word Shalom (peace) "Carry Shalom."
Laini

Anonymous said...

I love the Autumn colours ~ and I also like silk flowers ~ I hope your Tuesday is a terrific one ~ Our Summer has been a real let down this year but that is the weather we expect here in the UK a lovely Summer is a bonus ~ but the leaves on the trees still turn colour and some of them are beautiful ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I just started to reading...love the "ALOHA" MSG...
thx for sharing
cindi

Anonymous said...

I just started to reading...love the "ALOHA" MSG...
thx for sharing
cindi

Anonymous said...

Hello there!  It's hot & stormy here today!  You'll have to show us some pictures of your Fall decorations when you get time.  I'm still looking forward to cooler temps .... as you know.  It hasn't happened yet!  LOL  Have a good evening.

Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

decorations sound so pretty!!

it is a terrific Tuesday here! I'm going to remember that for future Tuesdays :)

we had a normal summer; not too hot; just average, pleasant :)

have a wonderful day!

betty

Anonymous said...

If you like silk flowers, that is what you should have - it's your home! Tuesdays are a good day for sure :-)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of getting out the scarecrows and such tomorrow and start thinking Fall thoughts, lol....
Linda :)