Sunday, September 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 9, PAGE 21

Autumn is a reminder

that each of us in beautiful

in our uniqueness

 

Orange is most often associated with autumn, the time of harvest and completion, and colored leaves. The year has fulfilled the promises of spring and summer.

In some ways, orange is the color of farewell, for after this comes the bleakness of winter. In other ways it is a beginning: the start of the school year, and the time one gets back into the swing of so-called normal life

It is also beloved of those who create knock-knock jokes.

"Knock, knock." "Who's there?" "Orange." "Orange who?" "Orange [aren't] you going to let me in?"

Or, "Orange you glad you answered the door?"

Orange is vibrant. It's a combination of red and yellow so it shares some common attributes with those colors. It denotes energy, warmth, and the sun. But orange has a bit less intensity or aggression than red, calmed by the cheerfulness of yellow

Orange can be found in nature in the changing leaves of fall, the setting sun, and the skin and meat of citrus fruit.

Orange brings up images of autumn leaves, pumpkins, and (in combination with Black) Halloween. It represents the changing seasons so in that sense it is a color on the edge, the color of change between the heat of summer and the cool of winter.

GOOD MORNING !

After reading all that, I think orange could become my favorite color. I was surfing the net looking for more info on fall and ran into several articles about the color orange so I thought I might as well share them with you too.

We’ve all heard about living on the edge. Sounds a little dangerous or exciting doesn’t it? We are on the edge today and tomorrow we’ll FALL. That’s right…it will be officially Autumn tomorrow.

It’s been really hard saying good bye to summer for me this year. Although I really just said Aloha, not good bye and now we all know what Aloha means. If you don’t know and are just reading this for the first time, just go back to my entries at the beginning of September.

I’ll be going off to church at eleven this morning…I’ve only been there twice this summer as I’ve been going to the little church near the campground since April. I’ve gone to the same church since 1965 and it’s always like going home there as I know so many people and all is very welcoming and comfortable.

I’m in such a habit (some are good) of going, that it just isn’t right to stay home on Sunday morning no matter where I am. I’ll be saying some special prayers for all my friends and family today. There are so many needs and concerns and I ‘m sure our good Lord knows and cares about each and every one of them.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Days change so many things –

 - yes, hours –

- we see so differently in suns and showers.

George Klingle

Fall wishes for

Simple pleasures

Beautiful memories

Love in your heart

Happy reflections

And much to be thankful for always

Ma

 

graphics by:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Apple Butter looks soooo good!  That's so sweet of them to take the time to make this & then give it as a present for Christmas.  I'd rather have something like that than anything you could buy!  It just means so much more to me!!!  I enjoyed reading about the color Orange.  I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

have a great Sunday!
cindi

Anonymous said...

I love apple butter....YUM!  I loved reading about the color orange, it reminds me of my daughter. That is her favorite color, which was always stage and usually not heard of when you would ask people what theirs was. When she graduated college, we bought her a car and she chose a Pontiac G6, oh, she soooo wanted to get the orange color it came in. Her Dad & I talked her out of it and she got the "classic" color of grey.....I've always regretted that because she still wishes it were orange :) LOLOL!

I enjoyed the pictures.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

My family is having our Apple Butter day this coming Saturday! We use a big cast iron pot over an open fire, then we have a potluck dinner. Should be a great time!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Glad your darlings enjoyed the applebutter day :o)

Anonymous said...

what a cute idea to make the apple butter as a family project and then use then as Christmas gifts! looks like they were having lots of fun

I liked reading about the color "orange"; thanks for sharing that!

enjoy church; I bet it will be a great day to catch up with friends! I'm like you; its hard to miss a week at church; we usually go Sunday mornings, but our church has a Saturday night service (same as Sunday's message) that we tried last night; we probably will start going Saturday night; our church is getting bigger and bigger and the pastor kind of hinted for some to try Saturday night to ease the crowds of Sunday; made perfect sense to me to try it; would hate a visitor/guest coming on a Sunday morning and having trouble finding a parking place because of us regulars; Saturday's was nice because they only had 2/3 of the sanctuary open so it was more of a small church feeling (our church wants to grow/build/expand/got their plans together, good time to build, just making sure its what the Lord wants :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Orange... my daughter's favorite color.. I love the color's of Fall... so festive...
Kelly~

Anonymous said...

I loved all the photos...and wow, that was one cool secret ingredient.  I love the color orange too...Hope you have a lovely Sunday...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi, I also think of Autumn as an orange kind of time !!(today I even have on an orangey dress...serves me right if ir hasn't be so warm today !!) It was our harvest (rather like your thanksgiving I think ) service at church today and was taken by our new minister who has come to us from Canada for a year. He did well and everyone seemed to like him.    Love  Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife/

Anonymous said...

My mouth was watering over the apple butter until the red hots were added.... now I'm not sure.... lol....
We are headed out to let the boys look at Halloween stores....
Have a Blessed Week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a good day today and the candle making was interesting.

Anonymous said...

I love the colour Orange and the browns and yellows all the autumn colours.Warm colours are what I always go for in the home at this time .The pictures are marvelous.What a lovely treat for someone for Christmas they all made .How kind of your family.I hope you have had a lovely day.It is almost my bedtime here,so I will say Goodnight. .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

How wonderful your son and grandkids cook together.  Our apple festival was this week..I love the yellow apples best.

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great and bet that apple butter sure tastes good. Kids are cute. Yes church can be like a family. I agree so many prayers are needed. Thank you for sharing and hope your week at work goes well. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Happy Fall!