Saturday, December 9, 2006

CHAPTER 12 , PAGE 9

Where can we find Santa?

We can find him everywhere

In thoughtful deeds

Friendly smiles

And the gifts and joys we share.

Where can we find Santa?

We can find him all year through

In the hearts of special people

And the kind things that they do.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

My ‘old camping buddy’ is treating me to lunch today. We are going to the Ladies Bible Study annual Christmas Dinner and they have a very special speaker for all of us too-- Jackie Mayer-Townsend, former Miss American 1963.

I don’t attend the weekly Bible study anymore, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy the lunch and the speaker and of course the company of a dear friend. I’ve got much to do this weekend and will be burning my candle at both ends to get it all done.

The work week doesn’t allow me to do much else and the time is getting very short . I’ve got about 15 days til the big family feast and maybe only a week til DS#2 and family come home. I’m not exactly sure of when they will be here.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

As you wrap each gift with loving hands

And decorate the tree,

May the beauty of this season

Make a lovely memory!

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

 

graphics by: www.moonandbackgraphics.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your lunch ,I would imagine the beauty Queen will be interesting,hope you get some of your jobs done ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope that you have a lovely lunch, sounds like you are going to be having a busy Christmas

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourself. You sound so busy. : )

Have a wonderful weekend,
Angela

Anonymous said...

well I have 7 days adn IM not near ready lol seems like time is flying faster this year than ever. hoep you will share pics of your ladies thing Todd is going to a mens breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the luncheon party....
Yay...weekend....Yay...

Anonymous said...

What beautiful thoughts! I love your journal. Thanks for visiting mine too!
Martha :-)
http://journals.aol.com/lifes2odd/Justvisiting/

Anonymous said...

Your journal always cheers me right up.  Have fun today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

you have a great lunch. Sounds like a good time. Hope you get it all done and you can enjoy your Sunday.