Friday, December 8, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 8

Somehow, not only for Christmas,

But all the long year through,

The joy that you give to others,

Is the joy that comes back to you.

And the more you spend in blessing,

The poor and lonely and sad,

The more of your heart's possessing,

Returns to you glad.

John Greenleaf Whittier

Good Morning !

We did get some snow yesterday as you saw in the pictures above. The good thing about the day was that I came home and my nextdoor sister had the driveway all clear for me to drive right in.

She has a nice little snowblower that just blows the snow right off, much better than shoveling ! I was cold and tired and that just made my day !

My Christmas cards are finally done and now I can move on to bigger and better things in my Christmas preparations. By this weekend I’ll have my little ornaments done that I’m painting for the Grand ‘babes’ and then I’ll finish decorating. We have some wreaths and bows that we hang up out side and I need to get those put up.

One thing that I’ve procrastinated over is getting my recipes entered into the cookbook program I have , so that I can put a cookbook together for all my children. I’m only about half way done and will certainly need more ink for my printer in order to finish. So that will be the thing I work on next week.

Thank the dear Lord that it is Friday ! I’m so glad because there is certainly a lot to do at home!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;

It makes no noise at all,

But softly gives itself away;

While quite unselfish,

it grows small.

Eva K. Logue

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah I got a few things knocked a hole in yesterday. A few big things like I made video of all the picutres and things last yearand I made a cd for each member of our fellowship with music and all on it. Im sharing the past year in pics with everyone. I love LOVE LOVE your snow pics we got a dusting and well.......... the sun came out three hours later and melted it all!!!!!!!!!!!! I m so bummed it could have been a nice wintery day. grrrrrrrr then it got cold bitter cold. So thanks for sharing your witner pics. I think I ll be coming to live wth you lol what a nice neighbor you have thank her for me my dad boght a snow blower five years ago and we have not had snoe since !!!!!!!!!think I ll tel him to sell it

Anonymous said...

What lovely poems today ,what a lovely gesture clearing away you snow ,after a hard days work thats the last thing you would want to do ,bless her ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Loved the snow pictures. I love snow. But, loved the fact that you have such a sweet neighbor even more. A blessing for her today and you too. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh! I loved bothe the little rhymes they are beautiful and goodness you have had quite a dropping havn't you.I loveit on postcards.Whata lovely neighboughly good deed you found on arriving home with your drive cleared.Why carn't everyone think like this.I have done much shovelling of snow for the elderly in the past when I lived back home away from the coast in my bigger house.Evryone should think of others a little a day if they can.We are all so busy just now arn't we and the ink in the printer can become quite an expensive thing too,I am a little fed of of having mine filled lol!!! But like you if the work makes someone happy and brings a smile to there face it is worth it!! Nice and sunny here on my part of the East Coast of England.I hope your babes love the ornaments.Take Care God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Wow your neighborhood looks like a winter wonderland.  No wonder you are in the Christmas spirit!!  It looks beautiful!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I did need to see snow....Thank you.

Anonymous said...

We have snow here in Ohio too, but not much much as you do!
Would love to see your beagle! What nice dogs. I have had several in the past.
Hugs
penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

Anonymous said...

Have fun working on your projects.  And I loved looking at the snow pics.  Thanks for sharing those.