Tuesday, December 19, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 19

Candlelit Heart

A Christmas Poem by Mary E. Linton

Somewhere across the winter world tonight

You will be hearing chimes that fill the air;

Christmas extends its all-enfolding light

Across the distance...something we can share.

You will be singing, just the same as I,

These familiar songs we know so well,

And you will see these same stars in your sky

And wish upon that brightest one that fell.

I shall remember you and trim my tree,

One shining star upon the topmost bough;

I will hang wreaths of faith that all may see --

Tonight I glimpse beyond the hear and now.

And all the time that we must be apart

I keep a candle in my heart

GOOD MORNING !

There are always a few loved ones missing from our Christmas celebrations. Some live too far away, , some have passed away and will never grace our homes or tables again.

So today I’m remembering them all. DS#4 and his family were able to come for Thanksgiving, but can’t make the long trip for Christmas.I’ll miss the smiles and laughter of my ‘Sunshine’ babes.

My mom passed away this past March and we’ll always remember her contributions to the Christmas feast. She made the best clam dip and Vegie Pizza. and Turnovers for all to enjoy.

I’ll fondly remember all the blessings each has provided in the past and will count the days until we’ll all be together again. It is so important to celebrate the days as they come. We just never know what a new day will bring. Every day is so very special!

I have to let you know that I did wind up taking the alarm clock back for another one. I managed to get it set to alarm, but the radio part of it wouldn’t work. The only way you could get a station to come in was to hold down the tuner dial. Now I have a different one and it seems to be working very well in all respects. Now I have no excuse for not getting up on time!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

With our hands we give gifts that money can buy,

Diamonds that sparkle like stars in the sky,

But only the heart can give away

The gift of peace and a perfect day.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah you have to have an alarm you can trust. you really do need a simple one too. So many are way tooo complicated too. I sure hope you get a suprise and Im praing your all your children can make it.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the good old fashioned alarm clock that was clockwork ,you wound it up set the alarm and the bell on top woke you up and all the neighbour hood too lol ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I got this great alarm clock from QVC. If the lights go out, it rings with a backup battery. Not only that, as soon as you plug it in, it sets the time itself. You can set the alarm differently for weekends and weekdays too. I love it. Good luck with yours. We wouldn't want you oversleeping. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I am always up with the larks.Never had an alarm clock I am everyone elses alarm.LOL!!
Glad you managed to  get one that works now.Take care
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES