Saturday, December 2, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 2

 

Until one feels the spirit of Christmas,

there is no Christmas.

All else is outward display—

so much tinsel and decorations.

For it isn't the holly,

it isn't the snow.

It isn't the tree, not the firelight's glow.

It's the warmth that comes to the hearts of men

when the Christmas spirit returns again.

Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It feels like winter here this morning ! BRRRCHILL! I’ll be moving around soon then I’ll warm up and take off some of the layers, but for now I’m wrapped up in a cosy flannel robe and pj’s and sipping the good hot cup of coffee.

All week long I’ve been making trips up and down the stairs bringing the decorations up from the basement…today I need to get up in the attic and bring the tree down along with the Nativity Set. You’d think going up and down so much would be good exercise wouldn’t you???

I store everything in those plastic tote boxes, but I cannot lift them so I take a few things out and go up and down a lot. And I still have to finish up the ornaments I’m painting for all the grandbabes. That will be what I do tomorrow.

Busy, busy busy – that’s me! 21 Days and Counting !

Our family celebration will be on the 23rd and everyone should be here except for DS#4 and family (the Sunshine Babes) they were able to come in for Thanksgiving but not for both.

DS# 2 and his family will be home for Christmas. He and his wife are in the military and it’s been too long since they were last home so I’m hoping to be done by then. So we should still have the same number of people here…21 of us again.

The table arrangements worked out well for our dinner so I won’t have to rearrange anything there. Hopefully I will start on the cards too !

I did get a Christmas newsletter written and am taking my special Christmas stationery to work and printing it out there. They have a laser printer so it’ll go much faster than on my little printer.

I'd best get busy !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

 He who has no Christmas in his heart will never find Christmas under a tree.

Sunshine Magazine

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends, Christmas love without end.

MA

 

 

Graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will sahre pictures of your deocrations . I wish your whole family could come in for the 23RD.

Anonymous said...

Oh those decorations can be a pain to bring up and down. The down part is the fun part. The putting away part is really the chore. : )
I paint ornaments for my grandchildren too with acrylics. I do snow scenes on them and on one side I do their names. I really enjoy that. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I am glad you reminded me, i must write my christmas newsletter, thank you.
Jenny <><http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

I think it can be so exciting re discovering those Christmas decorations ,it doesnt seem long since we put them away though ,where did the year go ? ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a very busy and stressful time but it is also a wonderful time of year too.Steps are good exersize,I live on the flat now and I miss my stairs,I do not feel half as fit as I used to.It is lovely to read your famliy will be home from the Military.I hope you have the most wonderful time all 21 of you.Wow what a gathering that is.Pity the sunshine babes couldn't make it again.My sunshine babes cannot make it to see me either.Still they are happy and in good health and that is worth more than riches or anything else.Have a blessed weekend.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

It is alot of work to decorate, but well worth it.  When you sit down tonight and see the beauty of christmas filling you home, you will forget about everything else.  Happy decorating.    :
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Enjoy decorating.  I want to see pics!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Have fun decorating!
penny

Anonymous said...

Happy Decorating and Have a Blessed Sunday!
Linda :)