Friday, December 15, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 15

SNOWFLAKES

Flying, fluttering against the window pane,

Snow flakes fall just like the rain.

We are told there aren't two of a kind,

Since I like things that are different,

I don't mind.

Swirling like dancers in their gown of beautiful white,

We are fortunate to be able to enjoy this pleasant sight.

Turning this way and that way against your cheek,

Putting on a show for everyone they meet.

They sparkle and shine like jewels in a crown,

Falling to the ground never making a sound.

There are all sizes, shapes and design,

Watching them might intoxicate you

like drinking wine.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Sometimes when I’m looking out the window at work on a snowy day I feel just like I’m in one of those Snow Globes that you shake up and then watch the snow fall . It’s all nice and warm and cosy inside but outside it is very cold and blustery.

I am blessed with a nice view all day long. I watch the sun rise most mornings because I’m at work so early and I watch the wind blow and the rain come down. Some people work in places with no windows and are surprised when the end of the day comes and they get to go outside.

Once again it’s FRIDAY, my favorite day of the week and I can tell you I need this weekend to be here. I’ve got so much to finish and so little time. If it is not done this weekend , it will probably not be done as I will call a halt to the preparations and just enjoy !

I’ve found that if I put myself under too much pressure, I’ll just wind up sick and I certainly don’t want that. Not now and not ever.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When we fill a vessel drop by drop, there is at last one drop which will make it run over. So it is with a series of kindnesses, there is at last one which makes the heart run over.

James Boswell

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

 

(It seems that you've got pictures isn't working here this morning, so no graphics today...maybe I'll try later)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is such a shame when people have to work in dark dreary places.When they cannot watch the beauty around and the world passing by.I too make myself ill if I try to do too much.Catching up now on alerts .Not enough hours in any day it seems.But grateful to be here and well to do whatever I am able.take Care.Have a lovely week/end I hope you get what is needed done.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I loved your Snow Globe vision of life. Very nice to think about.

You know the only perfect part we can ever have about Christmas is God and family. Nothing else has to be or can ever be....not the food, the house, the gifts. I wonder why so many of us think the day must be perfect because we must make it so. TV maybe? It's love that makes it wonderful. Take it easy this weekend. I think the family woul rather spend time with a happy, contented mom than an overworked one. You're already perfect.

God bless,
Angela

Anonymous said...

yes stress and rush rush can put us in a unhealthy state that is for sure. yeah hubby worked at a body shop he said was like dungeon and he said no matter the pay he does not TINK he can ever go back there. I would work two weeks on and anf then two off for an office in a big high rise.. well I worked in a room that was wall to wall file cabinets nad I had to file pay checked that had been cashed. It was a surprise to me when I went out side many days you feel so lost till you step outside

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have a nice view outside all day long.  I think that is good for mental health.  I used to work in a windowless place and hated it.  I craved being able to see outside.  
Lovely entry.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful poem about the snowflakes!
I agree, sometimes we just have to stop what we`re doing and relax to stay healthy in body and spirit.
hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

Oh you are lucky to be able to look up and see the weather.  I have to go in the lobby to see it, but at least we can do that.  When we need to see another office co worker, particularly leadership discussions, we go out on "the porch" as I call it.  One day it was so raw we couldn't finish a sentence for heading back in.  LOL.