Saturday, December 16, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 16

Christmas

Is it just a day at the end of the year?

A season of joy, merrymaking and cheer?

Is it people and presents and glittering trees?

Ah no, it is more than any of these.

For under the tinsel and hidden from sight

Is the promise and meaning

of that first Christmas night

When the shepherds stood in wondered awe

And felt transformed by what they saw.

So let us not in our search for pleasure

Forego our right to this priceless treasure

For Christmas is a God-given day

And let us remember to keep it that way.

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

I’m sipping that good coffee this morning and it’s Cinnamon,sticky bun flavor today. I’ve got several good flavors to have over the holidays. DS #1 gave this one to me and DS#4 bought Vanilla Sugar Cookie flavor when he was home and I found some Cinnabun flavored coffee too. I’ll be trying them all out. Mmmmm good !

For the past 3 days my alarm clock didn’t go off when it was supposed to. So since it’s important that I get up each morning,, I decided to buy a new one yesterday. I set it up and turned it on last night, but the alarm didn’t go off this morning, so I’m thinking it doesn’t work right either. I guess I’ll have to take it back for a refund. I’ll try again tonight first, as maybe it’s not set correctly.

My body alarm system is what woke me up. I guess that I need 7 hours of sleep each night, because that is when I wake up naturally.

This weekend will finish up everything I need to do to make my house ready for Christmas and the week ahead will be a short one as I have Friday off from work. The following week is Christmas on Monday which is a paid holiday and then I also have the next day off as a vacation day.

Let the celebration begin !

TODAY’S THOUGHT

Christmas, my child, is love in action. ... Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.

Dale Evans Rogers

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good if you can sleep till your body clock wakes you ,you are more refreshed that way ,I hope you get all done that you plan too ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

jsut ogt bavck from our ladies breakfast. Man too many sweets. but had good coffee. soudns good like your coffee. Cantwait to share your hanukkah entry with hubby when you put it in I told him you had a really nice one

Anonymous said...

Kind of nice to wake up naturally without an alarm, isn't it? When I'm working I seemed to always wake up way before the alarm.  
Hope you have a good day...and enjoy this weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh my....as we would say in the South, "I reckon you better get that there alarm clock fixed afore Mond'y"....LOL.