Sunday, December 3, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 3

Lord, our God, we praise You for Your Son,

Jesus Christ, for He is Emmanuel,

the Hope of all people.

He is the Wisdom that teaches and guides us.

He is the Savior of us all.

O Lord, let your blessing come upon us as we light the first (purple) candle of this wreath.

May the wreath and its light be a sign of Christ’s promise of salvation.

May He come quickly and not delay.

We ask this in His holy name. Amen

Let this candle be my reminder today

of my hope in your coming

When we wake up, each day this week,

We could pause for a minute at the side of our bed,

or while putting on our slippers or our robe,

and light an inner candle -

it prepares us for the day we will face.

Days of heavy clouds stifling the sunlight ,

the world burdened by grayness and gloom.

Open our eys Lord to the coming of Light,

Lifting the burden of darkness from our lives.

Advent prayers and thoughts are taken from mymany daily devotions.

GOOD MORNING !

I don’t know if you celebrate Advent or not, but here at my house I do. It helps me to focus in on the true meaning of Christmas. These busy days become so hectic, that often I need a reminder or two.

When the 'babes' were all at home we’d light the candles of the Advent wreath and say a prayer together each evening before dinner.

To see my Advent Page – click on this link http://hometown.aol.com/marainey1/myhomepage/holiday.html

I’m also making entries in my ‘What’s New at My House’ blog for Advent and Christmas You can check it out at this link http://onyama.blogspot.com/

I’m off to church in a little while and will be saying a little prayer for all of you !

Be Blessed !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself.

Norman W. Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas"

Peace, dear friends, Christmas love without end.

 MA

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

soudns likea  beautiful tradition.

Anonymous said...

What a truly lovely entry for a Sunday ,may your day be blessed ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thank for the prayers and the lovely advent entry. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry once again and thankyou for the explanation of everything.I have just been to all your links and your bebes are beautiful God Bless you all this wonderful Christmastime.May LOVE  peace goodwill and joy surround you all.Take care.
Astoriasand http://journals/aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES.

Anonymous said...

We always have an advent calander for the boys, but I did not know about the candles and the actual meaning of advent....
Always learning... :)
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

We never celebrated advent as a child.  I never knew the meaning until I learned it from journalers.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great day at church.

Anonymous said...

I try to celebrate Christmas in my heart EVERY day. We all need to be reminded to stay focused on this.
God bless!
penny