Thursday, December 21, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 21

A CHRISTMAS PRAYER

Dear Lord,

Help me to have the compassion to share with others instead of always seeking more for myself.

Help me to understand the needs of those around me and the ways that I can fulfill your purpose in filling some of those needs.

Most importantly, Lord, at Christmas time, and every day throughout the year, help me to show to others a little of the awesome love that You have showered upon me.

Let me show by example the truth that love can never be kept or hoarded.

It can never be hidden or stored away for some future need.

Love can only grow and flourish if it is shared without hesitation, freely, openly and without discrimination.

Lord, thank You for the gift of salvation that You offer to any and all who ask in Your precious name.

Amen

GOOD MORNING !

Prayer is always a good way to start the day. Some days I do feel like I need to pray more than others…today is one of those days.

Today is LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE DAY. You know I always do try to find that BRIGHT SIDE of things. so today I’m claiming this as my special day and I’m going to celebrate it to the fullest. I hope you will join me. I’ve found that no matter how bad things can get, there is always a BRIGHT SIDE somewhere.

It’s also ‘Hi ho, hi ho it’s off to work I go Day'…celebrating the date Snow White and the Seven Drawfs was released. This is another of my favorites…only I’ve changed it a little to be :     

‘I owe , I owe, so it’s off to work I go’

Oh well, just thought I’d share those little bits and pieces with you. This is the last day of my work week and now I will have 5 – FIVE – 5 whole days off!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I am not alone at all, I thought. I was never alone at all. And that, of course, is the message of Christmas.

We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent.

For this is still the time God chooses.

Taylor Caldwell

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did make me laugh with I owe, I owe.  Well, have a good day.  Yes, I think I need to say a few prayers myself.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

well have funon your days off and enjoy your family coming in. TODAY I have to spend cleaning the WHOLE house!!!!!!!! I hate that I dont like getting dirty and dusty BUT the bright side......... I have one to clean :>} so that I Can have fmaily over.

Anonymous said...

A lovely prayer .I also loved the changing of the words you did LOL!!No we are never alone.You have given me another smile this morning thanks a million.After all our hard work yes there is a bright side.Mine is this evening at a party with some of my relations.So I am looking forward to many smiles and a brighter side today.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I liked your song!  So true!
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I love the way you changed the words. LOL! So true.
Have a good one and just think, you're off tomorrow. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a wonderful Friday....
(I've been in bed most of my vacation day with a stinking cold).  Trying to get up now and get a few things done.

Anonymous said...

I always begin and end each day with a prayer.
Enjoy those days off!! :)
*hugs*
penny

Anonymous said...

Happy Look on the Bright Side Day!!
Have a wonderful wonderful weekend with your family and a Merry Christmas!!
Linda :)