Tuesday, December 5, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 5

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.

Burton Hillis

Good Morning !

When my family asked what I wanted for Christmas this year, the first answer that came to mind was that I wanted them all home for Christmas. I know they love getting together and I love to see them enjoying themselves.

As they’ve gotten older I sometimes hear ‘ remember when??? ‘ Some of those memories I’d just as soon forget because the ones they enjoy rehashing over and over were the ones when they got in trouble. They laugh a lot and kid each other, but I know the love is there .

Time and space now separate what was once a very close family and there just can never be enough opportunities to share what’s going on each of their lives. Months after an event, I may hear about something they’ve done or accomplished.

The important thing is that they are there for each other when needed and of course they are always there for me too !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Remember

This December,

That love weighs more than gold!

Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those words ,'remember when' ..love Jan x

Anonymous said...

praying even the sunshine family will make it somehow for you

Anonymous said...

I hope you get your present and all your family get together for Christmas xxxx

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read your entries on your family it reminds me of my own.You are very lucky they will all be over for christmas afraid mine won't this year and the nearer it gets the sadder I feel.Well I will think of all  you and Thank God for whoever comes through my door this Christmas and that at least one family I know of will be spending it with there loved ones.I am very happy this is happening for you.Thanx for the smiles and the sunshine you put into our lives.Take care God Bless.Have a wonderful day.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, the memories are the best part of Christmas.  Well, right next to baby Jesus, that is.

Anonymous said...

Every time I read your entries, I like you and your family more and more. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

It does get harder as kids move away or just stay so busy in their own lives and families. That makes the time you do get together all the more special. Have a wonderful day! :0)
pen

Anonymous said...

When we started growing apart, my stepmother would have what we called Tuesday night dinners.  It was a once a week gathering for us to catch up on our lives...once a week.  Sometimes we didn't make each week.  Sometimes we did. Someone was always there though.
It was a good tradition.
Pam

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've visited your journal, but your family sounds alot like mine.  I always want the same thing for everyone to be there for the holidays but it just hardly ever works out.  But when it does that's what I give thanks for.  I miss those days when we were all here, but wouldn't trade my grankids for anything.  Joni

Anonymous said...

You know what we have to look forward to?  That tomorrow is over the hump day.  I'm glad we can remind each other of that!  I smile when I say it b/c I remember you saying that every Wednesday.  :>)
You are my spot of encouragement always...even when you don't think you are.  LOL.