Thursday, December 7, 2006

CHAPTER 12, PAGE 7

THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

I enter the home of poverty, causing pale-faced children to open their eyes wide in pleased wonder.

I cause the miser's clutched hand to relax, and thus paint a bright spot on his soul.

I cause the aged to renew their youth and to laugh in the glad old way.

I keep romance alive in the heart of childhood, and brighten sleep with dreams woven of magic.

I cause eager feet to climb dark stairways with filled baskets, leaving behind hearts amazed at the goodness of the world.

I cause the prodigal to pause a moment on his wild, wasteful way, and send to anxious love some little token that releases glad tears - tears which wash away the hard lines of sorrow.

I enter dark prison cells, reminding scarred manhood of what might have been, and pointing forward to good days yet to come.

I come softly into the still, white home of pain, and lips that are too weak to speak just tremble in silent, eloquent gratitude.

In a thousand ways I cause the weary world to look up into the face of God and for a little moment forget the things that are small and wretched.

I am the Christmas Spirit.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas !

Here in Northern Ohio we are in for what the weather man was calling a One Two Punch. Lots of snow and very cold weather coming our way today and into tomorrow. In our area they are calling for 5-10 inches, east of us could get 12-18 inches. Maybe this time they will be wrong. We’ll see…

I’ll be taking some pictures for sure if we get all that snow. Meanwhile I’ll have to go off to work and hope and pray I don’t get stuck there. If I’m going to be snow bound it had better be at home.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY !

Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal.

-- Lenore Hershey

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

Peace, dear friends,

Christmas love without end.

MA

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh im so depressed about the weather here in ky nothing like we use to get in the 70's when I was growning up. we get rain all next week. this week when the temps are cold we get sun ugh!!!!!!!! cant get into the spirit and swing of thigns with that.

Anonymous said...

Its many years since we had snow any thing like that ,not sorry really either lol ,I agree better to be stuck at home than work ,lovely poem ,and do so agree I love books ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I loved the verse I love everything you write as I have said before.Oh dear that is deep snow.I hope it does'nt come our way.No place like home when that is around.I will be sat toasting my toes on the fire I am afraid if it comes here.Books are always good gifts.Thankyou for this mornings smile.Take Care God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of snow. Wow. I hope they clean up the streets swiftly by you. Stay safe and warm.

Angela

Anonymous said...

This entry just made me "feel good."  Thanks!
Pam