Tuesday, October 31, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 31

Walk Into My Parlor - by Mary Howitt

"Will you walk into my parlor?"

said the spider to the fly;

 "Tis the prettiest little parlor

that you ever did spy.

The way into my parlor

is up a winding stair,

And I have many curious things

to show when you are there."

"Oh no, no!" said the little fly,

"to ask me is in vain;

For who goes up your winding stair

can never come down again."

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Good Morning !

This is All Hallows Eve and tomorrow we celebrate All Saints Day. Did you know we are all Saints in the making ? The Saints as we know them, people like Mark , John, Luke and Paul in the Bible were actually real people just like us that had real problems and faults just like we do. That’s why we lovingly remember them. They do give us the encouragement we often need to persevere.

I remember all the great Halloweens we had in our family and I know my children still enjoy this holiday. Something about the unknown always attracts people. The mysterious and spooky things that can’t be explained are scary sometimes, but the promise of all those treats is worth going out begging for. It is a fun time for young and old as I get lots of enjoyment out of handing out those treats to the little ones too !

Now for my annual plan to get it all done for Christmas

Here’s the plan in a pumpkin-shell:

Phase 1:

Gift Shopping and Wrapping

8 weeks before: Shop for and wrap 1/3 of your gifts

7 weeks before: Shop for and wrap 2/3 of your gifts

6 weeks before: Finish shopping and wrapping gifts

5 weeks before: Start planning for Thanksgiving

Phase 2: Decorations, Cards, and Mailings

4 weeks before: Put up outdoor decorations and write Christmas cards

3 weeks before: Set up Christmas tree an decorate indoors. Mail cards and gifts

Phase 3 Celebrations, Cooking and Cleaning

2 weeks before: Attend and host parties. Bake and clean 1 week before: Grocery shop for Christmas meals; make final preparations for the big day

Christmas Week: Celebrate Christmas and Enjoy!

New Year’s Day Take down decorations, write thank-you notes, and start the New Year fresh.

8 weeks before Christmas – you guessed it, Halloween!

When you use Halloween to trigger your holiday preparations (instead of Thanksgiving), you have plenty of time to get everything done.

As our family get together is the weekend before Christmas, I need to be starting soon!

Today I’m thankful for all of God's blessings in our world and in our lives. And pray that we all will be able to see the really important things in life.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

As soon as you observe that everybody agrees with you, you can be sure they don't mean it.

Anonymous

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have all my gifts ordered. IM done except some cash Im stuff ing in as extras. whooooooooo hooooooooooo

Anonymous said...

I have only got a couple of presents bought so far.  Happy Halloween to you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love your plan in a pumpkin shell. Of course every year I say I'm going to buy presents early but you know I always wait to the last minute. Have a great halloween.

Anonymous said...

I've already bought some christmas presents and new ornaments for the tree and the christmas cards...
and yesterday I put on the thanksgiving tablecloth and told hubby to pass the cranberry sauce... lol... I love thanksgiving...
Happy Trick or Treating!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely the BEST Halloween poem I have ever heard.  At least it fits into my idea of Halloween.........nothing to scary but with a definate message.

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely entry I wonder how many j/land friends will take your advise on the calendar countdown.I started shopping quite a while ago now.It's the wrapping of them all that tires me..Love the verse.Take Care Happy Halloween.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES