Wednesday, October 25, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 25

The days of cloud or sunshine,

The moments that we share,

The timely word, the thoughtful line,

The note that says "I care"

Mean more to me than I can say,

So it's time, I think, you knew,

How much it brightens up my day

To have a friend like you!

What brightens all my memories

Is the great times that we've shared

You're one of those special people

'Cause you take the time to care!

When I feel a little blue and sad,

The easiest thing for me to do,

Is remember that things can't be that bad

When I have wonderful friends like you!

Author Unknown

Good Morning !

If you’re reading this post today, consider yourself one of the friends thanked above. Most of my 'blue' days seem to come from my solitary life. Being online keeps me in touch with family and friends near and far away and really does brighten my day !

The promised snow of yesterday did not materialize here anyway. East of us they got quite a bit. I do know where my snow shovel is just in case, but hopefully it will stay in the garage for a long time to come.

Last night I was ready for bed by 8:00 in the evening. I couldn’t think of any really good reason to stay up, so I got my book and went to bed. I think I needed an extra hour or so of sleep and feel a little more energetic this morning.

Today I’m thankful for a a new beginning and a fresh start each day. And I’m praying for those who only see boredom, staleness and drabness… Life and especially today is given to us to make the most of it…to make a real go of what God has given to us.

Thought for Today

Friends are like walls. Sometimes you lean on them, and sometimes it's enough just to know they are there.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

some days your body just needs more sleep. oh it was so cold we have a very hard freeze again last night. I covered my mums. I hope they will live and come up next year. I love them burgany and yellow with rust on the edges

Anonymous said...

I love the thought of snow although it is very rare here. Instead we have constant rain and it is very damp.  I am so grateful for all my online friends as well.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Oh!! this is a lovely entry and the words you have written are so meaningful .I love the way you have displayed the page too.Take care God Bless You.
Astoriasand.. http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you too my friend... you are my daily smile...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

My life is very similar to yours -- solitary. Lots of time for pensive thought and introspection, or going to bed early if that is what I want. I, too, am thankful for friends and family that I have contact with online. A few little rays of sunshine to brighten my day.

Anonymous said...

I have so much trouble falling asleep. I'm up all night most nights. Since I stopped working, my sleeping habits are awful. I don't mind because I can usually just sleep late but when I have to go somewhere, like today, after four hours of sleep, I'm not very energetic. I'm glad you got some rest. : )

Have a wonderful rest of the evening and we feel the same about you. Lovely words.

Angela

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that your snow shovel is in the garage and hopefully it will stay there for a bit. LOL. It's good sometimes to go to sleep early. I know I fall alseep way to late. Gee no wonder why I'm so tired all the time. LOL.