Tuesday, October 10, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 10

A no-fail recipe for life.

Take a cup of kindness,

Mix it well with love,

Add a lot of patience

And faith in God above.

Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

Ah, I saw that word ‘patience’ in the little poem above. Sometimes it seems I am always waiting for something or someone. I’m not very good at it either. Definitely one of the things I need to work on.

My nice long weekend is gone, but it was great and we were blessed with some very nice sunny days too ! I did manage to finish up a few things that I ordinarily wouldn’t get to around the house and I got out and did some shopping that even included a few Christmas gifts.

Now I won’t have any days off til Thanksgiving weekend and then DS#4 and his family will be in to visit for the whole week.

Today I’m thankful for my faith. I have been blessed with a great faith in God. He has always been a big part of my life . I pray today for those with no faith and no one turn to in times of trouble.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible — the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family. 

Virginia Satir

May your day be blessed by a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

Graphics by: www.graphicgarden.com

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  I'm not patient on many occassions.  Spoiled and liking things to go my way a lot.  LOL.  I think b/c I work very hard to be organized to omit confusion and strife in my life, so I'm put out when it shows up.  LOL.  So yeah, patience is needed in my life too.  Well, I wish I had some more off days AT HOME even though I will enjoy going hiking.  But those days for me will not come until December.  I have every Friday off in December.  Woo Hoo.  At Thanksgiving we will be all over the place, but off.
Have a good one.  Love your little Halloween graphics.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I am afraid I am not a patient person either.  I have spent a lot of my life waiting for one thing or another, especially medical things.  In the end it does not good, if you have to wait, you have to wait.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

ah dont wanna ask for aptientce he might teach it to me lol