Wednesday, October 4, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 4

As I Grow Old

God keep my heart attuned to laughter

When youth is done;

When all the days are gray days,

coming after

The warmth, the sun.

God keep me then from bitterness,

from grieving,

When life seems cold;

 God keep me always loving

and believing

As I grow old.

GOOD MORNING !

Well I made to mid-week once again ! I just felt so tired yesterday at work and it was a busy day with lots to do. Today is the Payroll day and that’s always a busy one. Hopefully I’ll have a bit more zing in the step than I did on Tuesday.

Next Monday I’ve a vacation day. Usually DD and I go to Amish country and get some Christmas shopping done. This year, however, she has decided to go back to school so I won’t be able to.

I’m not sure yet what I’ll be doing. It probably depends on the weather. One thing is for sure, I won’t be at work.

Today I’m so thankful for a sound mind. Oh I don’t mean I don’t forget things or sometimes get confused, but basically I still know where home is. I’m praying for all those suffering with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease and for their families coping with it all.

Thought for Today

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayers for the ones with ALZHIEMERS. mom has been a real pill of late. Its very hard on them AND the family especially whenthey are in denial !!!!!!!!! and you ahve other family issues going on such as my grandmother. I dont post alot in my journal becuase mom reads it and other family can and I just hate throwing that negative stuff out there I feel it just goes on with the bad vibes. But its been rough this summer and now fall. I wish you could go to your amish country I know you would enjoy that. I hope you find another to go with. we are off for vacation next week. all of us. By the way alerts are down I had to check manually for your entry

Anonymous said...

A day all to yourself with no obligations~~that will be very nice...
Linda :)