Saturday, October 7, 2006

CHAPTER 10, PAGE 7

This is a day for dreaming

for leaving cares behind,

for walking lovely country lanes

all bright and autumn-lined;

A day for life unhurried

in sunny meadows fair,

a field of golden beauty

with wonders everywhere.

This is a day for loving

the whole wide world aglow,

for finding magic splendor

in valleys far below,

the brilliant flame of sumac,

the cotton clouds on high,

an orchard soft and wistful

beneath a peaceful sky.

This is a day for many things,

for hearts that laugh and love,

for drying leaves and blazing hills

and eyes that look above,

a country walk-a magic dream

 an early setting sun,

for this is autumn hushed and still:

Autumn days have come.

Garnett Ann Schultz

Good Morning !

It would be a good day for the country, but I’m only going to see it as I drive over to get my car serviced this morning. On the way, though, I’m going to make a stop at the apple orchard and see if they are selling those delicious Apple Fritters that they make. I’ve got some apples already and have been having them sliced with some good Carmel dip. They are delicious!

After the car is done, I’ll be going back home to do a little ‘house blessing ‘. It does need it badly.

Today I’m thankful for my food. And I pray for those that are starving and have no money to buy food.

Thought for Today

If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can get going without pep pills,

If you can always be cheerful,

ignoring aches and pains,

If you can eat the same food everyday

and be grateful for it,

If you can understand why your loved ones

are too busy to give you any time,

If you can overlook it when those

you love take it out on you,

through no fault of yours

something goes wrong,

If you can take criticism and blame

without resentment,

If you can face the world

 without lies and deceit,

If you can conquer tension

without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,

If you can sleep without

the aid of drugs,

If you can honestly say that deep

in your heart you have no prejudice

against creed, color, religion, or politics,

then my friend...

You are ALMOST as good as your dog!

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those fritters sound delicious.  Lol at the house blessing, mine needs the same

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

we hope to visit the apple orachard thsi week to get some fritters they make which are like glazed doughnuts with apples in side they are awesome

Anonymous said...

I just made a note last night to remind myself to start thinking about making some caramel apples...
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Apple Fritters? Have not had any in years. Your entry made me hungry for them.lol
Nothing to do but bake some. Have a great day! Great entry - as always.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

It's always a pleasure to pop over to your place, there's always a smile and lovely words. Thank you my friend.
Love & hugs ...  Sylvia xxx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a good Saturday.  Hope you got the "blessing" done.  I have worked all day in mine.  But I have not done my basic cleaning though, just organizing.
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
Sonya